-------

Yana spun the pen in her hand faster as she fidgeted on the bench. She watched as the points were scored one after another with neither side letting up.

"They're fighting on the ground right from the start." Coach Irihata -in contrast- sat perfectly still beside Yana.

Yana nodded. "Though, it'll be coming soon." Yana watched Karasuno's plays trying to come up with possible counterstrategies.

"What will?"

"That super-fast quick." No sooner than Yana spoke those words did Hinata jump up and slam his hand down. The ball curved off Kindaichi's block and skimmed off Watari's attempt to receive it. Yana raised an eyebrow and watched closer as the third quick slammed down on Aoba Johsai's side of the court. She immediately stopped twirling her pen and went still as a realization dawned on her. Hinata can direct the quick now.

Before Yana even had time to ask, the coach nodded. Hastily, Yana stood up and held her hands in a 'T'

"Aoba Johsai timeout!" The referee blew their whistle indicating the start of the break.

Yana handed the boys' their towels as she began to speak. "Seems like Hinata, uh, #10 can control the direction of that super quick now."

"What's the plan?"

Yana furrowed her eyebrows as she quickly went through all the possible ways to counter Karasuno's offence. "We can limit Hinata's options."

"Ah, I see." Matsukawa smirked. "I'll mark him." As soon as timeout was over everyone got back into position.

Well, there is something else we could do. Yana glanced at Kyoutani. She really didn't want to put him in yet because she was well aware of the possible issues it could cause. But we can't afford to hold back during this match. Yana sighed. It was worth a shot. She turned to the coach, "Do you mind if I put Kyoutani in to shake up the pace if Karasuno makes it to match point before us?"

The Coach took a few minutes before he responded. "I don't see why not." He turned to face Yana with an amused expression on his face. "It's your call."

Yana nodded then turned back to the game just in time to catch Matsukawa follow Hinata across the court. She shuddered as she watched him jump, Yana could feel Matsukawa's intimidation from the bench.

--------

Matsukawa groaned internally as Hinata crossed the court. Matsukawa jumped slightly to the side leaving only one option for Hinata to hit. A line shot. Matsukawa pressured Hinata into changing trajectory. You aren't going to hit a cross shot, are you? No, I don't think so. You better not.

The ball was spiked straight into Kindachi's arms, it was a solid receive. Oikawa set the ball in a clean arc to Kunimi who easily spiked it past Hinata.

"Mattsun, you can be frightening at times." Oikawa chuckled then picked up the ball in time for his serve. "I can be scary too"

Oikawa spun the ball once before he held it steady. His face was lacking the usual playfulness and instead was replaced with an overbearing focus.

"Watch the back of your head this time." Hajime put his hands to cover the back of his head. He had seen that look on Oikawa before. Oikawa was going to put the serve he had been relentlessly practicing to use for the first time in a match.

Oikawa added a spin to the ball as he tossed up with a slight arc. He jumped with perfect form and slammed the ball down.

The ball was sent flying between Nishinoya and Sawamura and hit the ground faster than they could react. The referee held up a red flag indicating that the serve was out. "Ahhhh! Sorry!" Oikawa tousled his hair making quite a mess.

"You tried; it was close. Good hit that time though." Hanamaki had only seen the serve in practice but seeing it in an official match was something different. The serve was practically a long-distance spike.

------

"Twenty-four to twenty-three." It was Karasuno's match point. Yana handed Kyoutani the member change number. "I'm trusting you with this." She returned Kyoutani's glare with one of her own. She knew very well what could potentially go wrong as soon as he stepped on court.

"Aoba Johsai member change, #13 out, #16 in." the referee blew his whistle again.

Oi, Oi, seriously? Right now, Yana? Oikawa struggled to keep a straight face as he made eye contact with Yana, questioning why she sent in Kyoutani.

She shrugged in his direction, Worth a shot. He takes a while to warm up anyway. We both know that. Yana liked to think that Oikawa understood her response but was highly doubtful.

As soon as the rally started Yana watched Kyoutani intently, she knew that Kyoutani wasn't a 'teamwork makes the dream work' kind of guy but she hoped that just maybe he would cooperate.

Yana had purposely thrown in an unknown variable in a well-established working team. Whatever happened next would be on her.

------

"Kindaichi!" Oikawa threw the set up at Kindaichi who was just about to jump. Before Kindaichi was even able to lift his feet off the ground, Kyoutani shoved him out of the way and sent the ball right into Karasuno's side.

The team -barring Kyoutani- winced as they watched Kindaichi fall back onto the floor with a thump.

The referee blew his whistle. "Out of bounds. First set end. Winner, Karasuno."

That was clearly for Kindaichi, yet he barged in and hit it out. During set point! There are so many things I want to say but I don't even know where to start. Oikawa fretted internally, still reeling from the events.

Hajime however had no lack of words."That was too reckless!"

-----

While Hajime was busy scolding Kyoutani, Yana flagged over Kindaichi. "Psst, you ok?"

"I'm alright, it's ok." Kindaichi gave her two thumbs up. He was a little shaken but otherwise it wasn't too bad a fall."

Despite Kindaichi reassuring her that he was fine, Yana still felt responsible, it was her choice to send Mad Dog in.

-----

"Why do you only answer to him?!" Oikawa exclaimed when Kyoutani didn't acknowledge his comment.

Yahaba sighed and moved closer to Kunimi who was visibly curious. "Kyoutani challenged Iwaizumi to plenty of games but lost miserably every time. That's the reason why he only listens to Iwazumi."

"Like a pack of wolves?" Kunimi replied.

Watari inserted himself into the conversation. "But what about Yana? He kind of responds to her."

Yahaba thought for a moment. "I'm not really sure but maybe it's because she is an 'Iwaizumi' too? This is all speculation of course. Don't quote me on it."