Clipped Wings

THERE IS A TRIGGER WARNING. - I'm letting you know in advance in case you feel uncomfortable reading about it. It'll be marked with ***these things***. It's a small flashback, that will be summed up in one sentence in the end notes.

---------------------------------------------

It took all of Yana's willpower not to bolt right there and then. Yana would have given herself a pat on the back with how much self-control she had, except that she was too busy trying to feign as much confidence into her persona as possible.

"It was a pain in the ass trying to find you, darling. Once I found you again, I needed to usurp the previous Captain." He chuckled. "As you can tell, I'm the Captain now."

"A bad choice on the team's part if I'm being honest. To think they have lost their minds enough so that they'd vote for you to be the new Captain." She glared at him and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Now, now, Zumi. Don't say that. I've only said such nice things about you. I miss you a whole lot."

Yana scoffed. "Oho, that's rich coming from you. Why don't you go run along back to Aki? I'm sure she misses you a whole lot." She desperately tried to hide how fearful she was with her hostility.

"Babe, I already told you, my one true love is you" Iseri held out both his hands to try and reach for her.

Yana laughed heartlessly, "Then maybe you shouldn't have cheated on me for my now ex best friend." She sang in a sing-song voice that ended in a low growl. They both knew what they were arguing about was just shallow nonsense, they were evading the real problem. But what he did wasn't exactly something you could bring up in a casual conversation. He took another step forward and Yana took a step back unable to hold her ground.

Iseri sneered, "Don't be like that baby. You know I love you very much." He took another step forward. "I'll give you another chance. Yeah? How about that Zumi? Your annoying childhood friends aren't here to butt in this time." He knew he had the upper hand now. The way she cowered was so cute, but so problematic. His hands easily found her wrists and pulled her a bit closer, so they were only a mere forearm's distance apart.

"Yana-chan! Where'd you go?" A voice echoed through the plain whitewashed halls.

"Yana?" Iseri raised an eyebrow perplexed. "You never let me call you Yana." He paused as he listened to the voice longer. "Oh. I get it now. It's the team isn't it?"

"They call me Yana because there is another 'Iwaizumi' here" She hissed; a disgusted scowl plastered on her face.

"Zumi, for as long as I've known you – which is a very long time- you've never let anyone call you by your first name repeatedly-except those pesky childhood friends of yours." He clicked his tongue. "However, since coming here, you've allowed not one but all of the Aoba Johsai team to call you 'Yana'. I mean calling out 'Yana' is much easier than 'Iwaizumi'. So, which one was first?" He snickered.

Iseri abruptly yanked Yana's wrist and pulled her close enough so he could whisper in her ear, "Or maybe you spread your legs for all of them at the same time." Iseri's smirk disappeared as fast as it came. "It's ok though, I still want you even if you've been fucked silly. Maybe this time you'll be more willing, yes?" He laughed before he retreated back and let go of her. "I'm sure I can make you feel way better than they ever could. After all, I didn't get to make sweet love to you yet." He licked his lips slowly as he undressed her with his eyes.

Yana suppressed a shudder while her mind screamed. Snippets of unpleasant memories flashed before her eyes.

--------***