shipments

Silas's pov

Lani calmed down and she's now upstairs sleeping peacefully. I'm down stairs and it's 2 in the morning.

I'm so pissed. I'm so fucking annoyed at myself and her fucking mother. Who in their right mind would do that to their child? Who would want to cause their child that much pain, exhaustion and more.

She showed me her old bruises and more when I was upstairs. My heart broke into two.

It's okay to have scars, it means you are healing. Physically, emotionally and as a strong woman. Sei Bella come sei.
(You're beautiful the way you are )

Thats what I told her. And I ment it. I love everything about her.

Looking down at the drink in my hand I swirl it around taking a deep breath. I hear my phone ring and I look at it.

Shit.

" Hello " I say answering.

" Did you make the transaction? I told you I need my shipments tonight ragazzo "

I roll my eyes and stand up, " I didn't make it yet but I have to go pick up some gun shipments before I can do what you asking me to do. You know our other ones were stolen and I need to go and tell quegli stronzi per restituirci la nostra merda. valeva 60 milioni di droga! "
( those fuckers to give us our shit back. that was 60 million worth of drugs)

I rub my temple and stand up. I don't fucking understand. This is the 3rd shipment in the past 4 months that's gotten stolen.

Don takes a deep breath, " I know. ho bisogno di ottenere più soldati. quelli che abbiamo sono merda. Find me some more after you get my fucking shipment. I want it to me by tomorrow. You know your one of the few I can count on. Can you do that for me Grayson " I fucking hate when he calls me that shit.

" Alright. You got it boss "

It's a while before he speaks again, " How is she "

" She's okay. Well she going through some shit but I got her. I'll keep my promise. She's good "

" That's good son. I trust you. Please make sure she doesn't get into anything or I will rip your dick off and shove it down your throat " I chuckle.

" Yeah you're so funny. I got her okay? Stop worrying. I'll get your shipments to you on time. Bye " I hang up the phone and poured the liquor down the drain.

" Hiding things from me still? " I turn around and see kalani standing by the stairs wrapped up in shirt that's 10 times to big for her.

I clear my throat and walk towards her, " hey it's 3 in the morning why are you awake? " She laughs unhumorously and walks closer to me.

" Don't avoid the question Silas. What. Are. You. Hiding. "

Shit.

" Nothing baby I promi- "

" I'm tired of you promising. Don't baby me right now. Don't think I didn't forget about Riley neither. I know you have- "

I look at her in confusion and I cut her off, " Woah woah. She's not my girlfriend. "

" I'm sure. " She states sarcastically. She walks towards the kitchen and grabs her a bottle of water "What shipments were you talking about? " she then questions

" Nothi- "

" Give me your keys " I take them out of my pocket and hand them to her. She walks towards the door and puts on her sneakers and my grey hoodie.

" Where are you going "

She looks at me and opens the door.

" For a drive. I need to clear my head " and with that she walks out the door.

Kalani's POV

Getting in the car I turn it on and take a deep breath.

All these fucking lies. When will someone actually tell me the fucking truth without me having to force it out of them?

Driving down the dark street I put on sonder and blasted it. I continued to drive when a Black Cadillac with tented windows came driving fast right behind me.

I made a turn but as soon I turned back I seen that the car had made the same one. I was scared as fuck obviously because why the fuck is someone so bored at 3 in the morning, they decide to fucking follow me.

Turning down the music I pick up the phone and dial Silas.

He picks up immediately, " what's wrong? "

I continue to look behind me doing turns to get them off my ass but they won't stop.

" Someone is following me Silas. I've been driving down the road and I keep making turns but they are on my ass " I say frantically. Oh my give why does this shit always happen to me out of all people.

" what the fuck again? " Again? Huh-

" Lani. Grab the gun from out the glove department. "

My eyes go wide and I take another turn, "  GUN? What the fuck. Silas? I ne- " He cuts me off and starts yelling.

" Kalani listen to me. And listen clear. Those men behind you want to fucking kill you. I need you to listen and obey. Grab the fucking gun now, roll down the windows and start shooting anywhere. The tires and at the window " I hesitantly grab the gun with my shakey hand and roll down the window.

" I need you to trust me okay? Please just do as I say. I'm on my way now. I have your location. I just need- " I hear a pop and I look back at the car seeing a man hanging out from the window and aiming a gun at the car.

" Silas he's shoo- "

" GODDAMIT LANI FUCKING SHOOT " I open the roof, stand up with one foot on the gas and the other straight on the seat, pointing the gun at the tire I pull the trigger and the car swerves.

I do the same to the other tire and it swerves again.

" Silas are you ther- " Another pop rings out and I let out a scream as I pulled the rigger towards the drivers window making the car swerve and hit a tree.

I quickly make my way down the seat and I close the roof. Driving faster than before.

" Kalani are you okay? Did you get rid of them " I hold back my tears and I nod my head as if he can see me.

" Y-yes I-i did " I mumble sniffling.

" Thats good amore. I need you to drive to this address okay? I'll be there before u even get there. Can you do that for me baby? " I let out a quiet sob and look at my phone that dinged with the address.

" ye-yes I can " I put the address into maps and I zoom down the street.

" Good girl. You're going to be okay. Keep the gun in your lap and look behind the car at all times. "

" okay " I whisper.

this is going to be the longest hour drive of my life.

And I'm going to fucking kill Silas.