Same shit

My alarm goes off and I groan inwardly. I look over to my right and move my arm from around lani's waist me and shut it off.

Turning back over I kiss her cheek and slowly get up, so I don't wake her up. It's 5 right now and she has to be to work at 7 for a meeting about another show. I'll just make her breakfast before she wakes up.

Brushing my teeth, I head downstairs and pull out eggs, bread, bacon, grapes and strawberries.

Toast, bacon, eggs and fruit it is.

After I'm done, I hear soft steps coming down the stairs and look up.

" hi " She rubs her eyes and crosses her hands behind her back. I mean seriously? She's fucking beautiful. I smile and nod my head to tel her to come.

" hey baby " she tries to hide her smile but fails poorly at it.

" shut up, what are u making? " She walks around towards the table and sits on the stool. Grabbing an apple she begins to put it towards her mouth but I stop her before she can eat it.

" HEY! " she yells at me. I laugh and put the apple back in the bowl.

" Nope. Before you go to work I want you to actually eat something.. " She starts to protest but I shake my head and bring the plate of food in front of her.

I tilt my head to the side and give her a smile, " please? "

She thinks about it for a moment and digs in. Looking up at me she grins and shakes her head, " damn your still good at this. It's delicious Silas. Thank you " I smile and she continues eating.

A couple minutes later we're both done and she runs upstairs to grab her stuff so I can drive her home. I hear footsteps and kalani comes down and she looks up at me.

" I'm just gonna take a um, a Uber, so u won't go out of your way. " I look at her confusingly with her sudden change of demeanor.

" No it's fine, I could hone- "

She waved her hand and outs in her coat, " it's fine Silas. I'll see you around " Before she could walk out the door I grab her forearm and make her look at me.

" Lani.. " I see her eyes water and she looks away. What the fuck did I do? I thought yesterday was perfect. I thought we made up.

" What? " she snaps. Taking aback by her tone I let go of her arm and stare at her.

" Are we not gonna talk about last night? You're just gonna leave after we had sex? "

I did everything I said I was going to do? I thought I played my parts right. How did I fuck this up. Maybe I rushed into the sex. I don't regret any of it, but at this moment it's looking like she does.

" Meaningless sex. What's there to even walk about? We just needed a release, so don't take it to heart. " And with that she wiped her eyes and left out, slamming the door behind her.

Kalani

( 3 hours earlier )

After I finished eating, I ran upstairs to get my clothes and slip them on. Looking around I look for my phone but I can't remember where I put it.

Looking under the covers I look and I still can't find it. I search around the room but I hear a pang coming from the dresser. Maybe that's my phone.

Going over, I look and it's Silas's phone.

Riley - hey are you still coming today?

Riley - I know u want more. Come over, I miss you.

Riley? Who the hell is Riley?

Opening the phone- which by the way doesn't even have a password- I look through the messages.

Tuesday at 7:16

Riley - Hey babe where are you? (7:16 pm)

- I'm on my way (7:19 pm)

Riley - okay let me know when your outside (7:19 pm)

Wednesday at (9:13 pm)

Riley - Are we still going out? (9:13 pm)

- I mean do we still have too? (9:16 pm)

Riley - Yes. I want to spend time with you, and I want you to meet my father. (9:17 pm)

- okay whatver. I'll let you know when I'm on my way. (9:17 pm)

Riley - alright babe. Love you. (9:18 pm)

- yeah, love u too. (9:27 pm)

Love u too..

Seriously? Can I be this fucking dumb. All that sweet shit he told me wasn't true. He slept with me last night... He has a fucking girlfriend.

Bitch I told u

Oh fuck off subconscious. Shit now I'm crying. Fuck why do I always cry.

Maybe because he told u he loved you, after 6 six year of not seeing eachother and you coming to find out he lied to you.

Yeah.. that. Wiping my tears, I clear my throat and call my phone, and hear it next to his closet. How the fuck did that get there?

Getting it, i unlock his phone once more and leave the messages on display, leaving it on the bed. Beofre walking out, I call Uber and walk down the stairs.

Get your shit together kalani. Now.

Present day prior

( 3 hours later )

Getting up from my desk, I walk towards the break room and grab a coffee, also hearing my phone ringing from the opposite side of me. Looking down at it messages ping back and fourth.

Si - Kalani I'm sorry please text me back (8:24 am)

Si - Just call me okay? (8:32 am)

Si - I can explain. It's not want it looks like (8:37 am)

Si - please? (8:42 am)

More messages flow in and 26 missed calls as notifications pop up. I turn off my ringer, put him on silent and shut my phone off. Taking a deep breath I grab my coffee and head back to my office.

Never making the same mistake again. How the fuck could I be so stupid to forgive him that fast? Honestly. How. I should've fucking stopped when he first told me he loved me. Utter bullshit. We rushed this.

We rushed the forgiving. I barely know him come to think about it.

I didn't ask him his favorite fucking color. How he's been over these past couple of years. I didn't ask how the business was going. I was so fucking stuck in my own head I didn't get a chance to forgive him. I fell for his shit once again and I won't let it happen anymore.

It cant.

Because I just won't see him again.

It's been years. 6. He has his own life as it seems and it's just time to let some things go.

Starting with him.

Holy shit guys. Thank you for 1.74k. That's insane. It may be a little bit of reads but it means a lot. Thank you again.

Vote and share!!!💓