Sleep

Kalani

" Shit "

We both stop, and look at the door. Kalen and josiah stood at the door with their mouths gaped open.

I quickly stand up and look over at Silas with a mean glare but turns back to the door, " see- It's no-not what it look- never mind forget it. Im leaving " I grab my clutch and scurry out, but before I can Josiah calls out to me,

" Well u cant take your car... "

I crossed my arms and turned around fully, " and why is that? "

" Well if your car is that mean ass bmw out there is yours, you can forget about it cause mr- "

I didn't even give him a chance to continue, I ran outside and I went to the parking lot and I damn near screamed...

" oh no.. no no no " I muttered. I walked towards my car and a few tears dropped. I cant believe this shit.

The front of my car is smashed in and the bumper part is scattered across the ground.

" Kalani? " I hear a voice behind me but I don't turn around. How the hell did this even happen??? They were supposed to park the fucking car, not race or do anything fucking else with it.

" I worked hard for this car. I spent all my fucking last savings 3 years ago for this car. I busted my ass for this car, and this is what I come out to ?? " I say to myself.

" Lani, I'll get it figured out, but I gotta get you home. Okay? " He whispers in my ear. I nod and turn around to walk towards his car.

My fucking car?? I cant even process this shit. I wasn't even fucking gone for to long. I literally just went in like 45 minutes ago. This is the main reason why I don't let people drive my fucking car. I hate this shit. It's-

" LANI?? " I turn to see Silas looking at me. I see we reached his car, just guessed I was to spaced out the realize it.

" I gotta go home to pick up something, do u mind? " He asks me, opening the door.

I shake my head no, mumble a thank u and get into the car.

~~

It was a silent ride to his house. He would glance at me every 5 seconds, but I wouldn't acknowledge it. I would just keep looking out the window.

A couple minutes later we pull into the garage of his house.

" nice house " I mutter.

" Thank you, u should come in, sage isn't here. " He takes off his seat belt and comes to my side to open the door.

I say thank u, and walk behind him towards his door.

He opens and gestures me to sit where ever I liked while he ran upstairs.

God I'm so tired. I just wanna go home. Home is where I need to be... but maybe I need to rest my eyes for a bit...

_____

Silas

By the time I get back downstairs, I see her sleep, on the couch. She must've had a long day.. I head towards the closet and grab a huge blanket, and slip it over her. I didn't want her to wake her up but I really wanted to change her clothes.

I headed back upstairs and grabbed a black shirt, and some clean boxers.

I head back down and place it on the table, hoping that she'd wake up and change.

I was pretty tired myself, so I made sure the door was locked, grabbed a glass of water and headed up stairs.

~~

Knocks coming from outside my door made me sit up and whisper a come in. Even though it was dark, I was kalani standing at the door with the clothes I gave her. She looked so gorgeous. Especially in my clothes. Beautiful.

" I- Thank you for the um clothes, I'm sorry I fell asleep, I've just had a long day." She whispers, looking down, twiddling with her fingers.

" No, you're okay, and you're welcome. " I say back.

Silence engulfs us and I suddenly run out of what to say. I inwardly rub the back of my head.

" I hope- "

" Well I'm- "

We both say at the same time. Laughter fills the room and she's the first to speak up.

" It's like 2 in the morning, so I'll um head back down stairs.. Goodnight " I hear her say. She starts to turn around, but my mouth opens before I can think about what I'm going to say.

" Wait, you can stay and sleep tonight. I know the couch is kind of uncomfortable, and it wouldn't be gentlemanly of me for u to sleep down stairs "

I wait for her response, hopefully I didn't say that wrong thing. Shit, what if she wanted to sleep down-

" are u sure? I'm okay with sleeping downstairs. After all this is your home and I wouldn't wanna intrude and tak- "

I shake my head and speak up, " No, you aren't intruding, I promise I'm okay with it.. you can come sleep here. "

She nods after a couple seconds, and stepped in the room, closing that door. I hear her small shuffles walking to the bed.

Her small frame, comes and lays down on the other side.

I feel the covers shift and lift my arms so she can get more access for them.

A couple minutes go by, and I decide to speak up.

" will u ever forgive me? " I ask quietly. Secretly hoping she won't hear me.

" it takes time. I slowly am. Goodnight Silas " she whispers.

" Night lani " and that night I went to sleep with a pang of hope in my chest.

I'm going to try to be faster run uploading.. it's a lot🖤

Butt I'd like to say thank u for 1.08k reads🤎🤎🤎🤎 I appreciate it!!