Pan! Tanjiro Kamado X MtF! Reader (Demon Slayer) {Garden Date}

Okay so this one shot a set in the time after season 1 and the movie but before season 2 begins. This is a request!

Summary: Fighting demons and gender dysphoria is a t battle, our boy Tanjiro is here to help fight back

Note: Talks of dysphoria and the reader is very feminine

It was another early morning for (Y/n) and Tanjiro at the Butterfly Mansion. "Are the others still sleeping?" Aoi asks them, placing their breakfast on the table.

"Yes." Tanjiro replies, picking up his chop sticks. "Thank you for the food."

(Y/n)'s crow squawks outside, "north east (Y/n)!" She sighs and steps outside to hear the rest of the message. 

"She looks tired today." Aoi comments, "how many missions has she gone recently?"

"A few but she is a higher ranking than us." Tanjiro replies, "maybe she could use a break."

As if it was on queue; Sumi, Kiyo and Naho appeared. "You should take her somewhere!" All three girls exclaimed.

He thinks for a moment, "I could train faster today and then spend some time with her..." The girls nod along. "Let me ask her when she gets back."

The other two boys slide open the door. The girls kept asking questions.

"Where do want to take her?"

"Is this like a date?"

"Are you going to take Nezuko?"

Zenitsu becomes fully awake when the word 'date' reached his ears. "Huh?!" He yells. "A date? Tanjiro!? With who?!" He slams his fist down on the table. "Why does he get to go on a date?!"

Aoi smacks the back of his head, "because he's all caught up on his recovery and training idiot."

"What's a date?" Inosuke asks but is ignored among all the chaos. The girls explain it to him later.

"But I want to go on a date!"

"You scare off everyone you meet." Aoi continues to argue.

The girls turn their attention back to Tanjiro, silently asking him to answer their questions. Giving him a suggestion before letting him, "there's this garden not far from here. It's surrounded by wisteria trees. The perfect spot to relax."

He thinks for a moment, "yeah I think that will work. Thank you." He finishes off his food and gets to training.

When early afternoon came, (Y/n) had returned from her mission. "Welcome back!" Tanjiro greets her at the gate. "How did it go?"

"It was fine." She smiles at him, "I'm just tired. Might go light on the training today." She walks into the building, him following behind.

"Umm!" He says and gets her attention again, "the girls were telling me about this place not far from here. A garden surrounded by wisteria trees. Would you like to go see it with me?"

She hesitates but agrees. He notices this but doesn't say anything. Her posture is a little tense, "let me get charged real quick." He waits for her where the others are at.

Aoi passes by her and sees how tense she is. They had a heart to heart a few weeks ago, (Y/n) opening up about her dysphoria after a bad night. Aoi painted her nails that night while she ranted.

So she choose to ask her, "hey!" She calls out, "you are Tanjiro are heading out right?"

"Yeah to a garden...." (Y/n) sees the light shine in her eyes.