26. The Morning After

And so this morning, I woke up, the happiest man alive.

Sometime last night, as we felt the passion between us build-up, we got lost in the heat of the moment, as I ran my hands all over him, as we dug the palms of our hands into each other, he had asked if he could take my gloves off for me and without a moment of hesitation, without even batting an eye, I was able to simply and calmly say,

"Yes, please."

It was as simple as that.

I thought the moment he took my gloves off may be particularly sensual or perhaps erotic, but it actually felt much more natural and organic. It made me wonder what the big deal had been. Why couldn't I do this before? It felt like nothing out of the ordinary. Like the way, you remove your clothes to take a shower or a bath. Maybe, perhaps, that's the magic of Christmas. Maybe the Christmas magic took away the awkwardness and shyness and allowed us all to become just a little bit bolder and braver, allowing us to act the way we always wanted to, at that very moment, in the heat of passion.

My breathing hitched when he stuck his two fingers into my glove. There has always been a wave of anxiety that came along when we did this and it scared me. I hung onto him tightly as he held me, reassuring me that I was going to be okay.

I nodded.

We started out gently, gradually adding more umph and pressure in each push. The bed gave out a tired old creak. The repeating sounds that our bed made were terribly sensual.

And so, our bed rattled and let out squeaks all night, making us wonder how the other guys we lived with were able to get a wink of sleep. I doubt they were able to get even a minute of shut-eye time, poor guys. I bet they couldn't even get a wink of sleep.
As we climaxed together, I let out a cry. I felt weak and wanted a shield of protection to wrap me up and protect me. And there he was, without missing a beat, I was wrapped up and protected and felt safe as he held me, I was wrapped up in his protective arms. Arms that would keep me safe from harm, that would keep me grounded and safe.

"Good morning."

"..Good morning."

Look, I.. I don't want to sound like a teenager, but, y'know what? We.. did it..!"

I smiled back.

"Yeah.. We.. we did it."

I felt Eddy's hand on my cheek, wiping away a tear. I was surprised because I didn't know I was crying.

"Hey, Brett, you're gonna be okay, y'know. We're gonna be okay."

I nodded as I felt my tears fall. I moved in closer, into his arms and as I buried my face into his chest as I quietly started to sob, as I felt his hand and his fingers run through my hair.