17. Twoset De-Gloved IV: I will drown you on land if I have to!

Brett grunted with annoyance as he slammed down a bunch of papers on the table in the centre of Professor Taylor's library room adjacent to his office. He then spoke coldly to Eddy;

"I.. I really don't wanna be here."

Eddy picked up the bunch of papers and quickly started to put them into alphabetical order as he stammered;

"Brett.. I.. I'm really sorry about Ray."

Eddy finished alphabetizing the papers and placed them back onto the table. Brett reluctantly reached out with his gloved hands to pick up the sorted bundle and took them to the filing cabinet and filed them away. He then started picking up the books that were stacked up in piles on the floor and placed them onto the table, Eddy quickly started to check each book, swiftly sorting them out in alphabetical order by its author.

"Eddy.. I.. I can't handle situations like this very well when I get teased like that.. I.. I really dislike it."

"Brett, I understand. I'm sorry. But for what it's worth, I'm grateful we've been told to tidy up in here.. otherwise, I wouldn't have had the chance to talk to you..."

"I'm not very keen to talk to you at the moment..."

Eddy grimaced.

"Brett, we've only been to one tutorial session today. Please stay. I'll speak to Ray and tell him to quit it with the teasing... Look, to make it up to you I could even finish tidying up in here by myself and you could go for a coffee break. Please, don't stay mad at me.. please."

"..Look, I know he's a relative of yours and I'm sure he's a nice person.. but.. it makes things so awkward when he teases us like that.."

"Brett, I know. I'm so sorry. I really am. I'll talk to him, I promise, okay?"

Brett grunted and shook his head in annoyance;

"Ugh, stop apologising, Eddy..! This isn't even your fault. Why are you trying to punish me by depriving me of seeing you by sending me away to get a frickin' coffee on my own? That's f*cking stupid.

Eddy looked at Brett. Brett shifted his body to turn his back to Eddy as he kept busy alphabetizing more books. Eddy wanted to reach out and hug him, but then felt the odds of making Brett happy with a hug at this point in time were somewhat slimmer than usual.

"..I'm sorry Brett. I wanna have a coffee with you after this, too. But I promise I'll go and talk to Ray as soon as possible., okay?"

Brett rolled his eyes as he cast them towards Eddy.

"..So.. just how exactly do you plan to talk to him?"

"F*CK, RAY, YOU REALLY HAVE TO QUIT IT!!"

Ray almost spat out his coffee.

"F*ck, Eddy, you almost made me flood my lungs with coffee!! I almost drowned on land because of you!!"

"Stop trying to make everything a joke. It's not funny!!"

"Oh boy, you're in a sh*tty mood!? Did Princess Eddy get up from the wrong side of her bed? Maybe you should swap sides with your love interest, hmm?"

"Oh f*ck, Ray...please, will you STOP!!"

"Oh my god Eddy, what's with the grump fest, little brother?"

"Look.. you know that sometimes things aren't quite as straightforward... you've guessed that, right? Please, Ray, don't make it awkward for us... this person means a lot to me."

Ray whined,

"But I wanna hear all the dirty goss!"

Eddy rolled his eyes.

"There isn't any!!!"

"Oh, what a load of bullsh*t, mate. There's always dirty goss!!! When you say there ain't any, that just means I'm not squeezing you hard enough."

Eddy face-palmed himself and screamed.

"Oh god, please, Ray...!!"

Eddy lowered his voice.

"Ray, please. This guy, Brett, means a lot to me.. and it's still early stages. Please, please don't stir things around.. I'm begging you..!"

Ray stared at his distant cousin sternly.

"Sounds hella serious."

"..That's cos it is."

"How serious?"

"As f*ck"

Ray dropped his shoulders.

"Humph. I suppose I can't mess with serious AF."

Eddy looked relieved. Ray didn't let him off the hook that easily though.

"But I want ALL the goss, not a drop of it left untold when you are ready to tell me!!"

"Ray.. but that's all private. I don't kiss and tell."

Ray instantaneously perked up.

"You guys kissed !?!?"

Eddy groaned.

"Figure of speech!! I can't and won't tell you stuff if I think Brett's gonna mind. I'm sorry, but at this stage, it's way too early. Please, please Ray, don't make it awkward.. he's avoiding me now. Please Ray.."

Ray sighed.

"Ugh, fiiiiiiiiiiiine. But you owe me so much detail once things settle !!!"