2. A new phase of life

Sai's pov

I instantly looked away and left his hand, when his mother called us. She was ready with aarti thaali at the entrance door of their house. I was so engrossed that I didn't realise when she went inside and prepared all this? Really, I was engrossed in his smile? I again glanced at him and quickly walked ahead before he could notice. He also followed me, and I am sure he was also confused by my mood swings. Even, I am also confused about everything related to me.

I gave a small yet sweet smile to my mother in law who was lovingly looking at me. Her son also came and stood beside me. She did our Aarti while sweetly smiling at us. After that, She put the Kalash full of rice in front of me on the floor. Whatever, but I really love these Post marriage rituals. She gestured me to tilt that and I gently and slowly pushed Kalash and tilted it with my right foot.

Then I held my lehanga tightly and pulled it a little bit above and stepped into the Dish of Alta, my mother in law was also explaining me the importance of the rituals

Then I held my lehanga tightly and pulled it a little bit above and stepped into the Dish of Alta, my mother in law was also explaining me the importance of the rituals. I entered inside house leaving my red footsteps behind. Mr. Husband was also walking beside me. I remained stunned as I glanced at whole house which was so beautiful and everything in the house was just so perfect.

"Welcome to your new home, dear!", My father in law 'Ninad Chavan' said while keeping hand on my head. It was so overwhelming. I suddenly reminded about my father. I smiled at him through my teary eyes and bent to touch his feet. He whispered while smiling, " Khush raho!"

I went towards my mother in law and before I can touch her feet, She took me in her warm and motherly embrace. She patted my head, " Apna hi ghar samjho ise.", She sweetly said after breaking the hug.

Ohh God, I don't believe that this type of people even exist! How good they are! Literally, I'm very lucky to get such in laws.

"Samajhi?", She asked by raising her brow and gently holding my chin.

"Ji.." somehow word came from my mouth.

"Kya Ji? Aai kaho muze. Godu bhi yahi kehta hai."She smiled at her son and again stared at me. I just nodded.

"Aao" She smiled and took me with her. Where are we going?, I really want to ask her.

But she told me," Tumhe pata hai, Mera Virat na bahut samajhdar hai. Woh ek accha beta toh hai hi, but I am sure, woh achha pati bhi banega!" She smiled at me after praising her son. I too gave her small smile in return. She's very sweet, But, now she was behaving like typical mother in laws who always praise their sons.

She stopped in front of one of the room so I. She glanced at me and said, " Muze pata hai, aksar ladkiyan is waqt ghabra jati hai, nervous ho jati hai. Pr mai bas itna kahungi vishvas rakho Virat pr."

I frowned my brows in confusion and tried to understand her words. She just smiled softly and opened the door which was in front of us, my breath hitched at the moment. The anxiety and nervousness rushed through my veins as I stared into the room. It was my wedding night tonight. I saw the decorated room and again stared at her, she gave me small smile and said, " Chalo.."

I gulped in nervousness as we walked inside. I started fidgeting with my fingers as she noticed my anxiousness. She tried to relax me, " Arey, fikar mat karo beta. Ghabrane jaisi koi baat nahi hai.."

I nodded hesitantly. " Baitho tum, mai chalti hu.." She smiled at me before leaving the room and locking it from outside. I immediately started roaming in the room. What to do now? 'Wedding Night' this word itself is giving me goosebumps. What the hell! I sat on the bed tiredly and the several thoughts started coming in my mind.

I don't want to sleep with him. Though, he's my husband and I am his wife but this doesn't mean that we have to sleep together! Offo! My brain is not working now. The instant fear rushed inside me. The way I had rudely behaved with him, I don't have any idea now what will he do with me? What can he do?

No no no, I suddenly got up from bed. He can't touch me too without my will, I hadn't given him that right yet. But, what if he...

'Stop overthinking Sai', I scolded myself. Nothing is gonna happen, I told myself and tried to relax myself. The weird sound came from my stomach. Mm.. I'm hungry. Really I hadn't eaten anything since afternoon. I glanced around the room and saw the glass of milk on the bed side table. I gulped uneasily. But, it's for him, na? 'But you're hungry, na', my mind told me.

Literally, I am already afraid because of my rude behaviour with him. Won't he gonna kill me, if I drank his milk..?

Ohh come on, everything is fair in love, war and hunger!, My brain told me and tried to encourage me to drink that milk. I took slow steps towards the table, still was hesitating to drink that. I grabbed the glass of milk in my hand and sat on the bed. Should I really drink this? I thought while staring at glass. Ofcourse I should, I really need energy to tolerate his anger. I need energy to save myself from Mr. Husband. I know he'll get angry on me for drinking his milk. But right now I am very hungry and I really need this..

I stared at the glass for last time and again the wierd sound came from my stomach. In no time, I started drinking the milk. In between the sound of door came and Mr. Husband entered inside the room. I suddenly stopped and started coughing while holding that half filled glass of milk in my hand.

Oh great! What a timing!, I sarcastically thought while staring at him full embarrassingly.