I Missed You, Idiot

Tw: swearing, mild weapons

George is crying but Dream can barely hear him over his own sobs.

His arms wrap around George's shoulders and he never wants to let go, not as he breathes in the familiar scent, not as George nestles into his chest, burying his face against his shoulder, or as Dream presses his cheek against George's hair. Suddenly, their time apart feels like an eternity, and he doesn't know what to say first, how to start telling George everything that has happened since he disappeared.

But turns out, he doesn't have to. Because George mumbles a quiet, "I missed you, idiot," against his chest, and Dream surprises himself with a chuckle.

"I missed you too, George," he whispers, shooting a grin at George as he pulls back so they can see eachother's faces. "I had no one to fluster while you were gone."

George scoffs, rolls his eyes, and blushes a pretty pink. "Wow, I'm sure you were so bored."

"I was," Dream says, and he leans down to peck him on the lips.

"Oh my God, my eyes!" someone yells, and Dream's head snaps up to find three teenagers watching them.

"Okay, that's not creepy," Dream mutters, as one of the others, who's wearing a mask and glasses, cries dramatically, "Not in front of the children!"

George groans and rubs a hand over his face. "How do I even begin to explain this?"

Dream frowns, looking between the teenagers and George until his eyes catch on...

Dream's heart tightens and he clamps his hands into fists as he spots the dark van. The one that George had been taken by. He flicks his gaze back to George, who swallows at the intense look in his eyes. "Is that the van that took you?"

"Yes," George starts. "But - "

"Are those the people that took you?" Dream asks, and he suddenly recognizes the blond teenager and the older guy sitting behind the wheel of the van. Anger surges through him and he grabs for his knives. The blond kid takes a few steps back, raising his hands in innocence. But Dream barely notices. His vision goes red, and all he see is George being taken from him, all he can feel is the fear and agony he felt as he watched George disappear.

"Dream!" George says, gripping the sleeves of his hoodie tightly to keep him from rushing at the strangers. "Listen to me. Before you make a stupid mistake."

Dream's trembling with anger, but he forces himself to look at George, even if the tension doesn't leave his body. "Tell me," he orders.

"Fine, I will," George says, defiantly. And, even though he's still pissed as hell and worried, a small part of him really wants to kiss his boyfriend. George gestures back at the strangers, and Dream shakes the urge from his mind. "They did technically kidnap me, but it was a misunderstanding."

Dream snorts, but George glares at him and he shuts up. "As I was saying," George continues pointedly.  "They know Techno. He used to be a part of their group. And when they saw me, they thought that it would get Techno's attention if they kidnapped me."

George pauses and Dream waits. But then, he realizes George has nothing more to say. "That's it?" Dream explodes. "That's the misunderstanding? How's that a misunderstanding?"

George shrugs and mutters, "I don't know, ask them. But, not violently," he adds when Dream grabs his knives again. "They're literally teenagers."

"They could be toddlers and I'd still be just as pissed," Dream mumbles and George huffs a laugh that brings a small smile to Dream's lips despite himself.