Karaoke, Eggnog, and Mistletoe

Just me still manifesting a Dream Team Christmas even though it got cancelled :( This is a longer chapter so I hope you guys enjoy <3

------------------------------------------------------------

Tw: swearing, weapons

Dreams

Dream dreams that he is back in their apartment in Florida on Christmas eve.

He's standing in their living room, watching as Sapnap flips through Netflix, looking for a Christmas movie to watch. There's a Christmas tree in a corner and a pile of presents under it. Suddenly, he realizes why this day feels important, even in his dream. It's the first Christmas where they were all living together, the first Christmas George spent with them.

A lump builds in his throat and he has to swallow it down as George comes sprinting out of his room and flops on the sofa.

"It's Christmas eve!" George shrieks, and Sapnap just rolls his eyes, shutting the TV.

"What do you guys not have Christmas in the UK or something?" Sapnap asks. "It's not that big a deal." But there's an emotion shining in his eyes that makes Dream think he doesn't want to show how happy he is that George finally gets to spend a Christmas with his friends.

"Of course they do, and it's still a big deal," George grumbles, poking Sapnap in the ribs. "Dream gets it."

"What do I get?" The past version of Dream asks, coming out of his bedroom.

"Dream," George whines, standing to grab his arm. "Sapnap's being mean again."

Sapnap rolls his eyes again, Dream makes a pained face, and George giggles at all of them. But his hands stay on Dream's arm, and Dream remembers the warmth that had seeped through his hoodie, the invisible imprint of George's fingers that had stayed long after he'd let go.

This was way before he'd told George about his feelings for him, but maybe the signs had always been there.

Time seems to blur, and then it's twilight and they're sitting around the tree, sorting through presents. George has the biggest pile despite Sapnap's complaining, because Dream and Sap had taken hours finding the perfect presents for him.

"Oh my God!" George yells, digging into his pile of presents. The first one he pulls out is a flat present wrapped in lime green. "This is from Dream," George states and Dream's cheeks heat as he wonders if George will like it or not.

"Open it," Dream says when George stalls, examining every side of the package like he's going to figure out what it is. He smirks at Dream and rips open the green packaging. Dream's heart climbs into his throat as George holds up the blue, oversized hoodie Dream had gone through at least ten stores to find.

"Now you can give me back that hoodie you stole from me," Dream mutters, not taking his eyes of George's face as he looks for a reaction.

George scrunches his nose and says, "It's alright. I'm not giving back your hoodie, though."

Then he slips on the hoodie, eyes gleaming, and Dream can't stop grinning for the rest of the night.

That night, long after George and Sapnap had fallen asleep, cuddled together in a blanket as they watched a movie, Dream watches both of his friends sleep peacefully. George looks like he's drowning in an ocean of fabric, the warm blue contrasting against his flushed cheeks. A smile stays on Dream's lips as he tucks the blanket below George's neck and falls asleep next to his friends on the couch.

Christmas Day (Present)

Dream wakes up to George pouncing on him.

"What the hell, George?" he groans, pain shooting through his limbs. But it disappears the second he opens his eyes, and finds George inches away from his face. The pain disappears and his skin heats.