Can We Talk?

Been in my missing dnf arc recently so here's a chapter in their pov... enjoy <3

------------------------------------------------------------

Tw: swearing

Dream is waiting for them at the top of the stairwell.

"What did he want?" he asks, gaze stormy.

George rolls his eyes and Bad sighs. "No need to be so paranoid, Dream," Bad says and George is glad he's not the only one noticing.

"I'm not being paranoid," Dream mutters, but he relaxes a little and steps aside to let them pass.

George stops beside Dream to take his hand. Bad wanders off casually, leaving them alone to talk. Suddenly, George's heart is in his throat and whatever he'd been planning to say dries up on his tongue.

Dream is looking at him expectantly so George says, "He wants us to train the others. Me, Sapnap, and Bad. Cause we're the best."

Dream scoffs. "I mean..."

George shrugs. "Techno's words, not mine," he says, even though Techno had said something along the lines of them being not terrible.

"Dream, can we talk?" George says, the words popping out of his mouth before he can stop them. He wants to slap a hand over his mouth and take them back, but Dream just nods.

"Sure. Here, or...?"

"Not here," George says breathlessly and tugs Dream down the hall, as far away from their classroom as he can get. "Let's find a classroom."

Dream looks confused but he follows him without question - a gesture of such trust that George doesn't know what to do with it. So he stays quiet, his blood thrumming, until they've reached a classroom at the far end of the hall. He opens the door and shoves Dream inside, before glancing around to make sure no one's seen them.

"George?" Dream asks as George closes the door of the empty classroom.

"What?" George asks, feeling jittery.

Dream leans toward him, until his mouth brushes his ear, and George curses inwardly at the effect it has on his already speeding heart. He speaks so softly that George almost has to lean in to hear him. "You're acting kind of sus."

"That's my word, idiot," George says, pulling away.

Dream scoffs. "I mean, it's not. You can't just own a word."

"Ohhh. But I do. What are you going to do about it?"

Dream moves so quickly that George doesn't have the time to react, wrapping his long arms around him until George's head is cushioned against his broader chest. "There. Now I'm never letting go."

"Are you serious?" George says, struggling against him. But Dream's hold on him only tightens and George sighs, slumping against him. "Fine, you win, idiot. Happy?"

"Extremely," Dream says and George huffs out a reluctant laugh. "Now what did you want to talk to me about?"

The laughter drains out of George as he remembers why he's here, how he ended up in Dream's arms. He wonders for a moment if it will be easier to ask his question with his head buried in Dream's shoulder, but he wants to face him. He pushes away from Dream, quick enough that he manages to escape his hold.

Dream pouts, and the expression is dangerously disarming. But George forces himself to look into Dream's eyes, bright and green, as he takes a step back to fully look at him.