Captain Levi

Tw: swearing

With all the blood rushing in his ears, Dream can't tell if he's heard Techno correctly.

"Zombies?" George exclaims for him, and when Dream looks over at him, he's gone pale. But it's his eyes that chill Dream; they're dark with determination.

Techno just nods at both of them. "They've been crowding around the school for a while now, but our barriers have been keeping them out. Until now."

"Then we have to do something," Dream snaps, barely aware of what he's saying. His mind is buzzing with worry and with dread, his blood going cold. "How are they getting in?"

"The front doors," Techno informs him. "I've checked some of the other exits and they're holding up for now."

"We have to stop them," George says, hefting his crossbow over his shoulder. "Like, now."

"Wait, idiot," Dream says on instinct, grabbing his arm before he can throw himself into danger. "We can't just jump into battle without telling the others. Everyone has to know."

"Know what?" Bad asks, coming to join them. His eyes are just as worried as Dream feels, and Skeppy's clinging to his side, trembling slightly. "About the zombies?"

Something about the way he said it has Dream whirling to face him. "Bad, you knew?"

"It's not like that, Dream. There was nothing to tell you, except that zombies were crowding around the school. But we thought the barriers would hold them so we weren't even worried about it."

"But you knew?" Dream asks, wondering why they'd left him in the dark.

"Look, this doesn't matter right now," George intervenes, placing a hand on Dream's arm. The pressure and the warmth make some of Dream's frustration dissipate, make him feel more grounded. "We're going to have to fight, and that's what matters."

"What the fuck is going on?" Quackity says, breaking into the already tense conversation. Sapnap, Karl, and Montero are at his heels; Karl is pale and trembling, Sapnap looks stormy, and Montero's wearing a delicate frown. "Where the fuck did that zombie come from? What happened to our security?"

Everyone turns, instinctively, to look at Montero. Montero, who turns a shade darker, a hand on his knife. "I wish I knew. I thought our security was fine..."

"Leave the man alone, it's not his fault," Techno cuts in, raising his hands in a gesture of innocence. "Blame me if you need to blame someone, but just not right now. Like Dream and George said, we need to fight them off first, before we start fighting each other."

"Then we need a plan," Bad says and a murmur agreement goes around.

Sapnap scoffs. "Our plan is to attack. That's it. Before they attack us."

Even Karl looks skeptical at that, and Dream finds himself arguing against his friend. "It's too risky to just charge. Bad's right, we need to plan ahead."

Techno raises a brow. "Then what's the plan, Dream?"

The cafeteria goes quiet and Dream splutters. "You want me to come up with a plan?"

"You're the leader, Dream," George says, stepping up to his side, the hand on his arm steady. His eyes are trusting and part of Dream wants to melt into them, to take on the role of the hero George thinks he is. But another part of him knows he can't lie to him, to any of his friends.

"I'm not the leader," Dream says, shaking off George's hand, ignoring the twinge of guilt in his gut. "If anything, Techno would be a way better leader."