Forever

A Valentine's Day special!! This one's only about Dnf because I'm still heartbroken that George said no, lol.

Enjoy <3<3

------------------------------------------------------------

It started as a stupid dare. The first year George had moved to Florida, Sapnap dared Dream to ask him to be his Valentine on Valentine's Day. Dream hadn't realized why his heartbeat had quickened at the thought, or why he'd secretly hoped George would say yes when he asked. And he hadn't understood why George had blushed either, or why he'd been disappointed when he said no.

Since then, it's become a kind of tradition. Dream would jokingly ask George to be his Valentine, and George would jokingly reject him. Every single year.

But then again, Dream thinks, taking a deep breath. They just started dating this year.

Dream's thoughts are a loud mess in his head as he rolls over on his sleeping bag to face George. George, who's still asleep, his face peaceful. Dream almost feels bad waking him, but...

"George," he whispers, gently shaking his shoulder. "George."

George groans as he stirs, batting Dream's hand away. "What d'you want?" he murmurs, eyes fluttering open. They focus on Dream, dark and sleepy, and something stirs low in Dream's stomach. But he ignores it, concentrating on the speech he has prepared in his mind.

"Come with me," Dream says quietly. "I know it's early but just... trust me."

George sighs, curling further into his sleeping bag. But there's a glimmer of worry in his eyes as his gaze flickers over Dream. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything's good," Dream says, sitting up. "Just follow me, George."

George mumbles something incoherent - Dream's willing to bet it's a bunch of insults directed at him - but he stretches and sits up, taking Dream's hand when he offers it. The others are still asleep in the classroom, and Dream tries to stay quiet as he leads George between sleeping bags and out of the classroom.

He shuts the door quietly behind them, and lets out a breath. George blinks at the bright lights of the hallway, wiping the sleep from his eyes. His hands are tucked into an oversized hoodie that belongs to Dream and, for a moment, Dream can barely control himself as he looks at him.

"What?" George asks, and Dream snaps out of his trance. "Why did you wake me up, idiot?"

"I - " Dream stammers, and catches himself. He needs this to be perfect. "I wanted to ask you something."

"At this hour?" George asks, gesturing at the classroom. "Everyone's still asleep."

"Exactly," Dream says, taking both of George's hands. His heart is thundering in his ears as he remembers every time he'd jokingly asked George, every time he'd jokingly been rejected. This time will be different though. This time, George can't say no.

"George," Dream starts, and George blinks the sleep from his eyes, looking more awake as he waits for what Dream is about to say. "Will you be my Valentine?"

George's POV

George stares at Dream, wondering if he'd heard him right or if he's still half-asleep.

But Dream's eyes are so wide and earnest, shining with hope, that George knows he's not dreaming. And he can't help the snort that escapes him, turning into a giggle.

Dream looks half-hopeful, half-affronted as George bites his lip to stifle his laughter. "What is it?"

"That's what you woke me up for?" George asks, between giggles. "You could have asked me that literally at any other time."