EOTD Christmas Special

“Do you think I am overdressed for Christmas?” I asked him while looking at the purple dress I am wearing. Instead of answering, Darren chuckled and stood up before hugging me. “You didn’t answer my question. Care to give me an honest answer?”

“You look perfect in everything, love. Overdressed or not, you’re the prettiest woman in my eyes,” he said and kissed the side of my head.

I looked down to my feet and bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. When Darren noticed it, he laughed and whispered something that I didn’t hear but I think it was a compliment. A day doesn’t pass without him complimenting me or saying something that would make my heart flutter a million times. He really kept his promise just like what he told me when I was pregnant with Evan.

It was already midnight but we’re still watching my favorite family show. I glanced at Darren and saw that he was fighting the urge to sleep beside me. I told him that he could go to sleep already but he said he’ll watch it with me because he wanted to spend time with me before I “become busy with our third child.” I don’t know if he’s joking or not but he said that he’s getting jealous whenever I give all my attention to our children. He always says that every time I play with our kids.

“Wow, that woman is very pretty even though she’s pregnant… while I look ugly and fat,” I said and sighed. I felt him move beside me so I turned to him and brushed his hair with my hand. “Hey, I told you to go to sleep first. Don’t wait for me.”

Darren sat properly beside me and kissed the top of my hand. “What did you just say? You’re ugly and fat? Can I scold you right now?”

“Why? Totoo naman,” I said and looked away.

“Hey, you’re not ugly and fat. You’re beautiful, amazing, and you’re pregnant with my child and that child is going to be our third child that we will shower with love and care, okay? Don’t ever think that you’re ugly because I’m going to scold you if you ever think like that again,” he said and cupped my face. “When Evan comes out of you, I promise you will never think like that again because I will always make you remember that you’re beautiful and loved.”

I smiled at him. “Promise?”

“I promise, my love,” he answered and kissed me on the lips.

I breathed heavily and blinked multiple times only to see Darren staring at me with a confused look on his face. I laughed and walked towards the full-length mirror to see how I look when Jashiel barged inside our room with Evan beside her. Darren immediately called them but Jashiel was the only one who went to him. Evan, on the other hand, walked towards me, making Darren roll his eyes at me.

“It’s not my fault that Evan’s a Mama’s boy, DJ Juarez,” I said and bent to pinch Evan’s cheeks. “You like me more than Daddy, don’t you, Evan?”

When Evan nodded, I laughed hard but Darren became serious and pulled Jashiel out of the room, leaving me and Evan alone. My son laughed when he heard Darren telling him not to go to him anymore because of what happened. Of course, he’s just joking. Hindi naman niya matitiis si Evan lalo na kapag niyakap na siya ng mga anak niya. Kaya nga minsan ay nas-spoil niya na ‘yang mga ‘yan kung hindi ko pa pipigilan.

Inayos ko ang suot na purple kiddie suit ni Evan at pinulbohan ang mukha niya nang makarinig na ako ng ingay mula sa baba. Andito na sila? Bakit parang ang aga? Ang usapan namin ay 8 PM pero 7 PM pa lang! Nang magtama ang tingin namin ni Evan ay alam na namin kung sino ang mga ‘yon dahil naririnig na rin namin ang pagtawag ng isa pang bata mula sa labas ng kwarto.

“Evaaaaaan! Evan Demarco!” Nakangiting pumasok si Achilles sa kwarto habang dala-dala ang teddy bear ng kapatid niyang bunso. He immediately waved at us when his eyes met mine. “Merry Christmas po, Tita Elle! Hi, Demarco, I have been searching for you!”