Chapter 31

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

"This resort will probably take 3 to 4 years, take that as a maximum. Don't worry, we want to finish this as soon as possible, so it can start for business already." Kael was talking to us for at least 1 hour and 45 minutes from now. My eyes stayed on him as he present on the screen the design of the resort and the materials they they'll use. I keep nodding even if I can't understand some, but I know enough to understand what he's saying. In the last 20 minutes, Kate was still arguing with Kael because of her design that Kael kind of... disagreed with.

Kael cleared his throat and looked at Kate seriously. "Architect Tolentino, we're doing the best we can to picture this project. If we're going to follow your design, it will take millions of mon—"

I closed my eyes and interrupted their argument. Almost all the people here in this room shifted their gaze on me. Finally, I looked at Kael. "It's okay. It's a resort, we'll provide everything to the guests to make them comfortable. Follow Architect Tolentino's design since it's the design approved by my husband, Engineer."

Kael raised an eyebrow and smirked. We were staring at each other, no one dared to avoid the contact but a minute later, he sighed in defeat and nodded. He looked at Kate with a mocking expression, and Kate just smirked and crossed her arms on her chest, literally mocking Kael back.

"Okay, if that's the case then we'll start three days from now," Kael said and looked at her secretary. "Janice, please hand the contracts to Mrs. Juarez." She followed her orders and handed me a folder. When I finally signed the contracts, I dismissed the meeting.

Good thing that Kael didn't stay inside the room like he always does when a meeting was held, so I had the chance to rest here after a long day. I've been talking to Iñigo these past few days because Kate is always on the phone with Julius and some of her clients, Yana's schedule became tight since she's the attending doctor to the patients of a recent airplane crash, DJ's always in a conference or an event with his friends in the business world, and Iñigo's the only one who's not doing anything unless Kael told him to do something.

Ala-sais na nang makabalik kami sa sari-sarili naming condo unit. It took us a day to explore the site at muntik nang bumigay ang binti ko kalalakad doon. This is why I need to do my daily exercise again kahit na maayos naman ang proportions ng katawan ko. I need strength and the muscle if I'm going to supervise this project. Pagdating ko sa loob ng unit ko ay sumalampak ako sa sofa at hinilot ang aking sentido. I quickly checked my phone for messages and put it down when I saw none.

Ipipikit ko na sana ang mga mata ko nang biglang may kumatok sa pinto. Kumunot ang noo ko at binuksan 'yon. Para akong binuhusan ng ilang balde ng malamig na tubig nang makita ko si Kael na naghahalukipkip sa may pinto. He was wearing a dark blue sweater and pants in front of me, while I'm still wearing my chiffon tank top along with my cardigan and jeans. He's on his phone, obviously not seeing my presence in front of him.

"Uh, may I help you?" I asked him. Inangat niya ang ulo niya at nang makita niya 'ko ay tinago niya kaagad ang cellphone niya at binigyan ako ng isang maliit na ngiti.

"Kate asked me to call you. May dinner daw tayong tatlo tonight. She also asked me not to leave until you say yes," he said and chuckled. "So, I guess you have no choice."

Remind me to slap Kate later. Paano ako makakahindi nito ngayon? He won't leave until I come with him! Damn it, Katelyn, what are you planning?

"Okay, wait for me," I said and closed the door. Binuksan ko ang maletang dala ko at tinignan ang pwede kong suotin. I have many clothes pero wala akong mapili! In the end, I chose to wear a light pink hoodie and high-waisted pants. I retouched my makeup a little and breathed heavily. By the time I got to the door, I hesitated on opening it. Should I pretend that I'm really tired? Maybe Kate will let me go this time. But nothing good will happen if I keep escaping times like this.