I have to do it now.

I quickly shuffle against the wall to the door, and I shut my eyes briefly. "Don't fuck it up."

With a big step past the door frame and my legs ready to run, I bolt for it.

I head straight down the hall, immediately looking for an exit. Two guards are standing by the door to the stairs, and at the sound of my footsteps, they quickly turn around to catch me. However, I dodge their swinging arms and sprint up the stairs, skipping steps as I go.

Heavy, loud footsteps follow behind me. There has to be at least four of them chasing me. I can't handle all of them alone, but right now, I have an advantage.

I don't have to worry about anyone but myself.

As I get to another set of double doors, I wriggle the door handle. "Shit, it's locked."

My breathing is intense, and I can barely catch my breath before hearing the footsteps get louder again. My lower back grazes the railing of the stairs as I back up, and I inhale deeply before running straight at the doors with my foot ready to make contact.

The doors burst open, and I continue running. I figure that the building must be huge, because there are so many hallways that I can't keep track of where I'm going. Quieter footsteps are right behind me, running at roughly the same pace, which pushes me to run even faster.

I have to get the fuck out of here.

I take many sharp turns, but with each one there is no other guard in sight. The same footsteps are still behind me.

Whoever it is, they are persistent to catch me.

I whip my head around to take a look at who it is behind me, but no one is there. The footsteps remain at the same tempo as they were before. I turn my head back to face in front, where there's another set of double doors.

As I approach them, the footsteps get closer to me, but there is still no sight of anyone.

Where the fuck are you?

I slow down in front of the doors, and when I do, the footsteps pick up their pace. I glance to my right, and the figure that has been chasing me collides with my body, and I'm thrown against the wall.

"Fuck!" A sharp pain reaches my back, and my arms are forced up against the wall with a tight grip holding them. I look up to get a better glimpse of who it is.

Oh, come on. Out of all people-

Why did it have to be him?

Dawson stands before me, and his hands are gripping my wrists with such a force that I feel them going red. His breathing is steady, contrasting mine as it is much heavier and fast paced.

"Where are you headed?" he exhales, asking with furrowed eyebrows as he catches his breath, almost like he's concerned. However, his obviously fake solace disappears when his lips form a wicked grin. "You seem a bit lost."

He scans my face before his smile fades. Those gentle blue eyes are now colder than ice.

Dawson has both of my hands above my head, holding them steady with just one of his, and he uses the other to brush the hair out of his face. He tilts his head as I gulp, and he watches my Adam's apple bob up and down once again.

He's going to kill me for real this time.

Sweat beads down the sides of my cheeks, and I feel blood rush to my head. But I know I can't just succumb without a fight.

I swing up and kick him square in his chest. He stumbles back, releasing me. My boot hits his cheek as I spin into another kick, knocking him fully to the floor. He stands up quickly, towering over me once again, and he spits out blood to his left. It's almost like my strikes did nothing to him.