Chapter 21

Lucille P.O.V.

I woke up in the pack hospital. Confused as to what happend. It felt like I woke up from a 1 week nap.

I looked around and I saw that I was alone. Surrounded by white walls and a window that showed me the backyard of the pack house.

I could see the sun rising from the trees, I guess it snowed again because the trees where all white.

I could hear the door clicking open, and I saw Beta Zion walking in. He looked a little bit taken aback because I was awake. It looked like he showered because his hair was still damp. He walked to my bed and filled a cup of water for me.

He didn't say anything, but for some reason I didn't need him to talk to me, I already knew it.

"Goodmorning Lucille" he said and gave me the glass of water. When I wanted to talk, I felt like there was sand inside my throat.

I took a big gulp of water and I felt way better.

"Goodmorning Beta Zion" I said when he took the glass of water from my hand.

"I'm not your Beta. Don't call me that" he said broodingly.

"I'm sorry" I said looking at my lap. I felt a little embarrassed, I thought we where at least getting close to being friends?

"Don't" he said sitting down on the chair.

"What happend?" I asked after a moment of silence.

He tilted his head to the side, analyzing me.

"You don't remember?" He asked me. I tried to remember what happend, and suddenly everything came crashing down. Me turning into a wolf, liking Zion more then usual and then passing out.

Thinking and being around Zion made me feel warm and fuzzy. I looked at him, and he was staring at me the whole time. I blushed because he looked really handsome sitting back like that in the chair, his hand on his chin.

He stood up and walked towards me. He bend over with his arms on either side of me. I felt like I was on cloud 9, I wish we could stay like this forever.

"Do you hear your wolf talking to you?" He asked. I frowned. I looked away and tried to listen, but complete silence.

I shook my head no. "I see." He said to himself. Should I be hearing my wolf talk to me?

He put his hand on my cheek. I wish he never took his hand off my face. I could feel tingles all over my body.

"Can you feel this?" He asked me. He stared deeply into my eyes. With so much hope, I felt my heart clench.

I nodded a yes. He let out a sigh, like he was relieved.

"Do you feel safe when you are around me?" He asked standing while crossing his arms.

"Hm yes I do. Why are you asking me all of these questions?" I asked him curiously.

He pursed his lips. Like he was annoyed with me.

"It doesn't matter." He said while walking out of the room. Leaving me alone once again.

I don't know why but I felt really lonely and sad when he left. I wish I could take that feeling away.

After I couldn't stop overthinking, I fell asleep once again. Hoping that the sadness will be gone.

When I woke up, I saw that the sun was way higher. I looked around the room and I saw that I was alone. I sighed out loud, I wish Zion was here.