Chapter Thirteen

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto and the pictures I show every chapter.

-------------
~Sakura's POV~

I-Itachi likes me ? This is doesn't make any freakin sense.

He stared at my emerald orbs while I panic inside. Oh fudge! Oh fudge!

'Yo! I'm back!' Inner started dancing in my head.

'INNER! I NEED YOUR HELP!!' I yelled in my mind.

'I know!!'

I just mentally face palmed myself because of this. Itachi was just staring at me, right through my eyes as if he was trying to read my mind.

'But geez Sakura, ok time to get serious. In my opinion, try telling Itachi that you're sorry and you are just not ready for anything like "this" yet and add Natsumi in the list.' Inner crossed her arms while nodding.

Natsumi... The name is like poison to me.

'But won't he be sad?' I asked. I feel guilty already. Grrr!!!

'Just do it! I know it's the right thing for you to do now.' Inner said while giving me an encouraging smile.

I sighed and held Itachi's hand tighter. My chest tightened and I don't like doing this but there is some gravitational force that makes me build a wall between me and Itachi.

I'm doing this just for his future. I want it to be successful for Itachi and the rest of the Uchiha. With that, he must accept Natsumi or must I say "like" Natsumi first.

------back to Konaha------

~Ino's POV~

"What do you mean by Sakura joined the Akatsuki?!!" I asked obviously shocked and furious.

"I-it c-can't b-be." Hinata stuttered while her tears are threatening to pour down her face.

That is not like Sakura. I've been her best friend or more like a sister since when we were four years old. Not even once she left one of her friends or foes behind. There would probably be an explanation for this.

"Where did you get this news from?" Kiba asked with giving a suspicious look at Naruto.

I gave Naruto one of my death glares. He flinched. "This morning I came to Sakura's house because I wanted to ask her if she wanted to go out and eat at Ichiraku. I knocked already a dozen times but there is no one answering."

Hinata's face suddenly became gloomy. Good thing Kiba is her lifesaver, he quickly covered Hinata's face by giving her some words of encouragement.

"Sakura will never leave us like that! That's a lie Naruto!" Tenten yelled while gripping Naruto's collar.

"I have second thoughts too you know." Naruto looked away sadly.

Neji held Tenten's hands which made her let go of Naruto's collar. Tenten sighed very deeply. All of us can't believe what's happening except Shikamaru who was just wearing his bored face as usual.

"You know guys, the best thing to do right now is wait for Sakura to tell to us. There must be a very important thing that happened which made her join the Akatsuki or this new girl is lying to us." Shikamaru turned his usual bored face to a serious one.

We didn't listen to Shikamaru at all because our trust in Sakura just became a 50-50.

"No matter what, I'm not getting affected at all. The new girl didn't know Sakura as much as we did. Remember the headband you gave us Naruto?" We all sighed because we all know Shikamaru really did have a very good point.