Chapter 63

***
Hi! Please make sure you read the previous chapters before reading this one! Enjoy :)
***

It's about 4:30 in the evening when we arrive at the cabin, which is located up in the mountains, down a desolate, rocky road. The sun is beginning to set, casting a beautiful glow among the high-standing, snow-covered trees. I roll the window down, trying to get some fresh air and instantly notice how quiet it is out here. There are no houses nearby, nor shops or other buildings. It is just him and I. I can see why Harry would come out here to clear his head and escape from reality, but it's not any more peaceful than the scenic outlook he's showed me before, so I am still confused as to why he owns such a place.

But as we pull up in front and my eyes fall upon the cabin, I can see exactly why he comes out here. Contrary to Harry's statement about the cabin being "not much", it is a beautiful, modern-style and somewhat large cabin that has tall windows and a warm, inviting appearance. As if it couldn't get better, the cabin is surrounded by the vast, Pennsylvania mountains and has a deck that leads down to a small, freezing-looking lake.

 As if it couldn't get better, the cabin is surrounded by the vast, Pennsylvania mountains and has a deck that leads down to a small, freezing-looking lake

I step out of the car and let my eyes take in the breathtaking sight, my jaw slightly falling in awe. "I thought you said this wasn't anything special."

"It's really not," Harry chuckles, helping Diablo out of the car and Diablo immediately begins to excitedly sniff around the new area.

"This is like my dream home," I say in disbelief. How could he not think this is amazing? Yeah, his last house was incredible, but this- this is so much better. I am curious to see if everything is black on the inside.

"I just find it a bit boring. There's not much to do around here," he responds, shrugging his shoulders as he takes the first box from the trunk and heads towards the front door. I follow behind, eager to see what the inside will look like.

Harry flicks on the light and a warm glow instantly brightens up the first room, which is a spacious, cozy-looking living room. It's not as big as his other living room, but it consists of a fireplace, tv, bookshelf, a few couches, and other little things. I notice that a clearly used dog bed is placed near the tall-standing windows, which makes me realize that he's taken Diablo here before- unless he's had another dog before, which I don't think he has.

 I notice that a clearly used dog bed is placed near the tall-standing windows, which makes me realize that he's taken Diablo here before- unless he's had another dog before, which I don't think he has