Chapter 15

Christmas Eve

I wake up, stretching my arms out and hopping right out of bed. After the events last night and early this morning, I surprisingly had a decent sleep. I don't know if it was because of how tired I was or because Harry and I kissed. I look at the clock and see that it is 11 am, so I got a few extra hours of sleep after Ivana became a crazy psycho bitch. But I am not going to let that ruin Christmas Eve.

I quickly jump in the shower and freshen up, applying my blue mark on afterwards. Harry told me that the boys and Caitlyn would be coming over tonight to celebrate Christmas Eve and Louis' birthday. I feel like having a birthday on Christmas Eve or Christmas would be kind of sad since everyone is so focused on the holiday, so I hope we can make Louis' birthday special.

I decide to throw on some comfy clothes for now, since Harry said that they wouldn't be coming over until about 7. I don't even know what I am supposed to cook for tonight, but I'll figure out something.

I make my way downstairs to see Harry cleaning up around the house. He's dressed in a white shirt and some sport shorts, which is untypical from his usual black attire. I can't help but notice how handsome he looks without even trying; the way his muscles flex each time he pushes the swifter back and forth. I haven't been able to stop thinking about our kiss, and as much as I hate to admit, I am desperate for more.

"Good morning," I say sweetly and shyly, leaning my shoulder up against the wall as I cross my ankles and arms together. I am so curious to see how the day is going to go after last night.

"Good morning," Harry monotonously replies, not stopping what he's doing. Well, this is a little awkward. He won't even look at me as he continues to clean the floor.

"Harry, I can do the cleaning," I offer, walking over and grabbing the broom from his hands

"Harry, I can do the cleaning," I offer, walking over and grabbing the broom from his hands. My hand skims his and butterflies instantly swarm my stomach again. How can a simple touch do so much to me?

"I got it. Do you want to just vacuum the carpets?" Harry flatly suggests, still avoiding eye contact, which means he can't see the frown growing on my face.

"Yeah; that's fine," I quietly respond, giving Harry a questioning look which he doesn't receive because he's too busy looking at the floor. I get that he's cleaning, but he could at least look at me.

"Is everything okay? You seem...off," I question, and he finally looks up at me, piercing green orbs instantly sucking the breath out of me. His eyes hold a lot of confusion in them and my heart stings. He regrets last night, doesn't he?

 He regrets last night, doesn't he?