Chapter 51 *

***
Hi!! Please make sure you've read the previous chapters (especially 47-50) because there has been a significant decrease in readers. I want to make sure no one is missing out on any important events or details :) enjoy!
***

WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT

•SAMANTHA'S POV•

"Harry?" I hesitantly call out, taking another step closer. I know I shouldn't feel frightened, but I can't help but feel a little anxious. I never know how Harry is going to act in these situations.

I prepare for the worst as I extend my hand out to softly touch Harry's shoulder. Instead of bursting into anger, a soft whimper falls from Harry's lips.

"I-I'm sorry," his voice quivers as he keeps his back to me.

"For what?"

"Letting you down," he states before turning around to face me, exposing his teary-filled eyes and flushed-red cheeks

"Letting you down," he states before turning around to face me, exposing his teary-filled eyes and flushed-red cheeks. He looks like an ashamed, young child who just got scolded by their parent.

"W-what? You didn't let me down," I assure, looking at Harry with an expression full of concern and sympathy as he shakes off my touch.

My heart shatters as a single tear rolls down his swollen, flushed cheek. He has a few cuts and bruises from his fight, but he doesn't seem to be bothered by them. Harry lightly shakes his head in disagreement as he moves around me before plopping down into the chair at his desk. I hesitate momentarily before pacing around the desk towards the chair across from him. Maybe he doesn't want to be overly affectionate right now.

As I take a seat, Harry places his head in his hands, covering his face completely as his fingers lace into his hair that has dangled down in the front. A soft sniffle is heard from him as I awkwardly clear my throat, trying to get his attention.

I'm honestly not quite sure how to act in these situations. Does he need space? Does he want to be comforted? Am I being too much of a burden on him right now?

"What's wrong? Why do you believe you let me down? It wasn't your fault that Jax did what he did."

"It's my job to protect you, Samantha. I should've known that he was acting suspicious when he wanted to be alone with you so bad," Harry mumbles, his voice low and broken.

"It's alright, Harry. Mistakes happen. Do you know why he drugged me? I've done nothing wrong to him."

"I-uh... I don't know," Harry hesitantly states, his voice sounding off as he avoids my gaze.