𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

I dread for what’s about to happen but I don’t want to stop, I open my mouth  slightly as he holds the glass against my lips and pours the thick blood down my throat, I gag at the taste of metallic “Get me water” I mumble trying my best not to swallow it, I cannot taste the blood any longer and so I spit it onto the floor beneath me Prince chuckles while watching me down the water to clear the taste of human or animals blood.

“How can you drink this crap” I say appalled “If you was a vampire you’d know why” he takes the glass of blood and pours it into his mouth again, “You drink it so casually” I tell him, Prince puts the glass down and pulls out the record before pressing start, he takes hold of my hand before dancing around his room “the vampire masquerade” he whispers I close my eyes and picture myself in a ball dancing with other vampires in black outfits spinning to the music he leans forward into me while spinning “Open your eyes” I open them to see his eyes are ruby red, I know now where he gets them from, his father. “You and your brother are in love with music” I giggle. We end up back on his couch thinking of words to say “Its because our father used to host a dance and all the vampires from the island would come until midnight just before the sun arose” “I would love to go, they sound so fun and so is dancing with you” I tell him, he smiles wide something I haven’t seen him do since the argument.

 “My father hosted a contest for the best vampire couple to dance, you would have to dress up in a well made dress and suit and dance to the rhythm of the music, then they would vote” “Have you ever been in the contest before?” Prince looks down in to the glass “No I never got a chance to” he places a hand on my knee “I’m sure some point in the future we will be in the middle of the floor dancing our hearts out” the slow pace off my breath quickens to the thought of being on a dance floor with thousands of vampires watching as if hunting for prey.

Prince turns his gaze towards me clearly hearing the loud thump of my heart “I must admit I’ve enjoy it having Sebastian not here” he says deeply, I look into his blue eyes that send chills through me and say “Me too” he leans forward and takes the bottle of Vodka then slowly pours more into each of our glasses, I lean over to grab my glass but he doesn’t move his hand away from my knee, I smile awkwardly knowing that he only likes to hear my heart beat out of my chest “You’ve got Goosebumps” he states I roll my eyes and lay my head back on the couch and shut my tired eyes “Layla I-” but Prince is cut off by the voice of Sebastian.