𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

Five minutes later, I start to feel very exhausted and cannot keep my head up any longer “Are you okay?” Prince whispers from the seat next to me “Yeah, just tired that’s all I’m not sure what time I went asleep” Prince leans over his desk and whispers “Lets get out of here” “How?” he takes hold of my hand and walks us out of the class like a boss. “That’s how” Prince says while squeezing my hand harder I smile back at him.

A few minutes later we pass Noah in the corridor although he stands and admires us from a distance. We don’t say much on the way to Princes room but once we reach his door he welcomes me in “Do you want a drink” he says looking in the fridge “What have you got?” , “Only vodka or blood which one” I can’t tell if Prince is having a laugh or if he’s serious “One glass of vodka please” Prince reaches into the far back of the fridge “Coming up” he takes a glass out of the cupboard and floats the vodka bottle towards him and before I know it he’s already placing the glass in my hand “Thank you” he leans back on the sofa watching me as I sip the vodka it’s not strong at all it’s just perfect.

“This is just right” I say in appreciation “I have a meeting with the captain at five” he says as he sips his vodka “What happened wasn’t your fault you saved me Prince” I lean over and place a hand on his knee “It’s down to the captain” he says bitterly “Prince I am coming with you” “it’s my problem Layla stay out of it” he fidgets so I take my hand from his knee and lean back too “No” Prince doesn’t have it and leans forward on the couch “You aren’t coming, no more”, “I’m trying to help you Prince please let me help” I sigh but still he doesn’t take it, he stands up and heads towards the window, I follow him and place my hand on his shoulder “Prince what’s wrong” he turns around and throws his glass beside us.

I take a step backwards but Prince grips hold of me by my arm and pulls my hair back hard then viciously sinks his teeth into my neck. I grab hold of his hand from his side and squeeze hard, feeling the same numbness and pain I felt last time taking over my body as Prince continues to drain me. “Stop” I say barely coming out, he pushes me away as he wipes his mouth with his sleeve “Out” he shouts, I stagger to the door. It’s five now Prince should be in a meeting with the captain but after what happened I don’t want to see him he hurt me, I don’t want to think of him any more.

I hear a knock at the door “Who is it” I say through sobs “it’s me Dawn open up” I wipe my tears and unlock the door “Have you been crying?” Dawn says “No” she wraps her arms around me and gives me a long hug “Boy trouble?” she sighs “Me too” Dawn pulls away “Noah was all freaked out because I didn’t meet him at two” “Listen Layla I’ll come back later when you feel better remember keep that crown on your head” Dawn smiles and heads out the door. I skip art and decide to stay in my room reading books I can’t say it helped me in anyway but only took my mind of things for a while. I head down the hallway once again to maths, maybe numbers would take my mind of things but at the moment I don’t want to speak to anyone, not when I am angry. I make it all way through maths and decide to head out on to the deck to get some fresh air to help clear my mind once again.

I breathe in the salty air around me while imaging my problems in a balloon watching it float away into the distance never to be seen again but after I feel like it didn’t do nothing but I know what I have to do something that works every time, be the strong woman I am and handle my problems.