7

The beast ruled Mr. Edwards's company now as he was never around. The worst part was that I attended all meetings with this annoying man and he treated me like garbage.

  I did this for the employees and Mr. Edwards. If it were my will, I was going to put him in his damn place.

   Mr. Edwards left me in the hands of the devil. I was supposed to do everything he said. I was to come to the office at 7 when working hours had not yet begun. How annoying. I didn't even speak to Alia properly for the past week.

       His black SUV was already in the parking lot. I rushed up to my own office to settle down but was stopped by his voice.
"you're five minutes late"

  I don't understand why he's here early. I turned towards him and his timber spice cologne hit me hard. He was all in black and his perfect white-blonde hair was just perfect
"But at least I'm here at seven"
"It doesn't guarantee you room for lateness. " he huffed
"Anyways, I have work for you and it has to be done in five minutes exact"

               He wasn't smiling

"Fred! Bring the files in" he stated and a short man with two rows of files got in

"Uh-"
"Sort out the best ones so I and your stupid boss could agree on something. Impress me... Belle" he winked and walked away as my mouth fell open. Two rows of heavy files in five minutes? Was that even legal?

     Impress him? How pathetic
The files looked very discouraging, to begin with, but I began anyway.

              I was done with the sorting at noon and I slept off but got up when Drex came in
"Hey! "
"Hi! "
"You look... exhausted and you've been busy since that grumpy guy came over. We've spent less time with each other lately. How's he been treating you?" he said as he grabbed a chair to sit down
     True!
"Not bad though. We're okay"
"I don't like h-"
"Belle.!"
    The stern voice echoed from behind Drex and the aura of fear filled my chest and the office.

   Drex stared at me and mouthed
'Belle.? Since when did he start calling you that?' I ignored Drex and turned towards Mr. Alviano
"Work that was given to you at seven, finished at 12. How incompetent"
  Mr. Alviano retorted as he leaned by the door.
"I'm sorry... I slept off"

Drex looked dumbfounded till he finally spoke
"Why d'you have to explain yourself to this man Iza? Why? I mean"

   Shut the fuck up Drex and go away. Ugh!
  He faced Mr. Alviano
"As for you Mr. Alviano or whatever you call yourself. You need no explanation from Izzabelle. Do you know how she works? She's the highest we all look up to and you h-"
"Belle meet me in my office now. You could as well ask your little boyfriend to help you out with the work"
             And he walked away.
Drex fumed with anger
"And you say he treats you okay?" he got angry and left me alone.
   I face palmed myself as I sighed. I took the files to his office and placed them on his desk.

   I stood by the corner while he crossed checked the files. His facial expression was grim and very disheartening.
     He stood up
"Public toilets? Bridges? Aren't their plenty of them already? You were supposed to come up with something new and not cliché. Here you go" he shot the files up in the air and they flew and scattered around his office causing a mess. I kept picking everything up

  "Don't let people praise you when you can't do anything right" he finished and I stopped.
     This got to me pretty bad and I felt hurt.
I looked up at him with teary eyes. I knew I was selling myself by threatening to cry in front of him but I was hurt.
   He didn't look affected at all

  "I won't allow you to talk to me anyhow. I've tolerated enough Shit from you. I brought down my pride to save my company not for you to disrespect me. I won't let that happen. Mr. Alviano " I yelled as I fumed and all he could give me was loud mocking applause and a deep chuckle.
    I hated this man with my soul. I knew he was going to do some sort of thing like kill me or slap me. I've heard about him and that he's a well-respected man in Italy and no one messes with him but I was that one today. I was ready for what was coming
   I walked away wiping the traitorous tears that fell from my eyes. Besides I was already late for my appointment at the hospital.

      Walking there was a challenge but I had to so I could free my mind from that bastard's words that got to me. I needed air.

  I was late for the appointment. I reached the gates to the hospital when a car stopped right in front of me almost pulling me over.
    Mr. Alviano! Maybe he came to apologize but I wasn't ready for his Shit now.
  He got out from the back seat with a paper. He stooped to my ear and whispered causing me to let out a shy breath. His warm breath sent tingles down my spine
"I suggest you try not to expose your secrets in public cuz it might cost you one day," he said as he handed me the papers.
      Well, I was wrong that he came to apologize. How can I expect a good thing from a bad person? Rude ass.
    As I stared at the documents and realized what they were, color rose to my cheeks instantly as I was abashed. By the time I lifted my eyes, he was already gone........

  What do you guys think was in the document Mr. Alviano gave our dear Belle that made her so ashamed??

Don't forget to vote and comment 😘