Chapter forty-six

Start from the beginning

At 5 a.m. the jet finally arrived and Clarke still hadn't woken up from her sleep, so I lifted her in the plate and let her sleep on the bed. For her to be still asleep she must have felt so bad and hurt, she wouldn't normally sleep that long even when she was getting really sick, but this time she slept through a car drive, a long time in the airport and she has been carried two fucking time. I just hoped she would get better and we would find someone's heart on time. I still had to live with my wife and have kids.

Five and a half hours later we finally arrived in Los Angeles and Clarke had woken up after three hour in the plane, really confused about where she was but quickly understood everything after a moment. When we arrived Kane and Abby where waiting for us at the airport with the car ready for us to go back to wherever they were planning on taking Clarke. We were going to a facility in the south of Los Angeles. Apparently it was the hospital Alice owned, and she had said to bring her there. The place was a little isolated, for people who certainly didn't want to be seen or to avoid the press finding out. In our case it was a little different, yes Clarke and I were now known by a lot of people but it was just really to have the best care we could find. Abby and Kane left after we left the car needing to be attending both of their jobs. We walked inside and Alice was already waiting for us there.

Alice : Hey you two, sorry that your honeymoon had to be postpointed but don't worry as soon as all of this is behind us, you can go back to Hawaii for a little while.

Clarke : Hey Alice, sorry for disturbing you. I just really don't feel good and I had a episode this morning around 1 a.m.

Alice : Hey don't worry it's okay we are going to fix you up.

Lexa : Is there any potential donor for her ??!

Alice : I'm afraid no, not for the moment at least, but let's run some test to see how did this thing make you stop to breath shall we ?

Lexa : After you...

After Clarke ran all the tests, Alice brought us to a room, which was certainly the one Clarke would be staying in for the rest of the procedure. The room was really big, it almost seemed like we weren't in a hospital but in a luxurious hotel. We had a beautiful view of the forest from this room. The bed was against the wall with all the hospital stuff next to it. The bed was big enough for the two of us to stay here so I supposed Alice had done this on purpose.

 The bed was big enough for the two of us to stay here so I supposed Alice had done this on purpose

(The room look like this and the bed is against the wall behind the couch.)

Clarke : Well at least I get to die with a good view...

She was saying this to joke but I knew that behind her strong face she still believed that she wasn't going to get through this. I needed to convince her that she was going to survive this, but at that point it seemed useless.

Lexa : Stop Clarke !!

Clarke : What ?

Lexa : Stop saying that you are gonna die !!! Do you know what this make me feel... Useless !! Useless as hell because I can't do anything, you told me to live like nothing was happening to you but now you talk about death and I can't, I just can't !!

Clarke : Angel, please don't shout at me, I didn't want to make you feel that way, I'm just being realistic. Look around us, everything is made like this is the last thing I will see. I don't want to die, believe me this is the last thing I want. But we need to consider this as an issue, Alice told us they haven't any donor for me, and look at the crisis I made this morning.

Lexa : I just don't want you to die Clarke, you're my wife and I want to live so much more things with you by my side. I want you to be by my side for my first basketball competition, I want to see you open your gallery, I want to have kids with you...

Clarke : Then I will do everything I can to do all of this with you baby.

Lexa : I love you Clarke.

Clarke : I love you too Angel, never doubt this.