Chapter sixteen

Clarke's Pov : 

Clarke : So when I was seven one of my friend died. We were swimming at the lake near our house, and he drowned. After this I started doing crises. I used to faint and having problems breathing when I was stressed. I was always tired. My mom is a doctor, so she saw that something was wrong, so we ran tests. They finally found out that I had structural heart disease. My parents were broken, but I had treatments. The first one didn't work and made me even more sick, at that point I was in a hospital every day for three months vomiting and feeling dizzy.

Alice : How many treatments did you take ?

Clarke : I took four. With the two other treatments, the same thing happened. But finally the fourth worked. I stop vomiting and could leave the hospital after nearly a year of fucking treatments. I know the doctors didn't tell everything, because, one day I saw my mother crying in my father's arms.

*Flashback*

I was 8 years old, and I was home, when I heard someone crying in my father's office. I went to check if everything was fine. I saw my mom crying.

Abby : Jake, if something like this happens again, she will not be able to survive

Abby : Jake, if something like this happens again, she will not be able to survive. Her heart is already too weak.

Jack : Come on, honey. Our daughter is strong she will get through this. She has always been strong.

Abby : She won't... I'm a doctor Jake. I know the chance of survival after a second period like this one. Even the strongest person wouldn't be able to.

Jake : Don't you think that it will be up to her, if she wants to or not ? She will need us with her. She will need her friend, her boyfriend or girlfriend to support her. And we will be there. But for now there is noting to worry about, she is safe for now. And maybe this will never happen. The doctors said it, only a traumatic or stressful event could cause her this. Let's not talk to her about this to her, she already passed one year of her life in a hospital she needs to be a little girl again. She will go to school and live a normal live. Let's call John dad and ask him if he can bring John here so he can play with his best friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarke : They never talked about my disease again. And my mom never knew that I had heard their conversation that night.

Alice : I'm sorry, miss Griffin. We are going to run some tests on you and see what the problem is. Do you want your friend to come, or no.

Clarke : Can Murphy stay with me ?

Alice : Of course, I'll be right back.

She left the room. I turned to Murphy and started tearing up.

Clarke : If it happened again, what would I do ? How the hell I am supposed to tell the woman I love and with who I want to construct a life with that I will die, Murphy ? How am I supposed to tell my sister that I will not come back for her birthday, and that I will not see her grow up ? How am I supposed to tell my best friends that I will not celebrate the next holidays with them ? How am I supposed to do that Murphy ?

Murphy : You will not have to do it Clarke. And you know why ? Because you are strong and can survive everything. You survived to this one time. You survived to a psychopath ex. So now you are going to survive this too.

Clarke : My heart is too weak John. I will die in the next months, and no one can do anything about it. 

Murphy : Stop this Clarke. You will not die, at least not until I'm the godfather of one of your children with Lexa. They will have pretty good genes if you two have babies, may I say.

Clarke : She wants to have four kids, and I wanted this too. We would have bought a big house in the north of Hollywood, and I would buy a house for each one of my friends so they could live near us. I would have bought a dog for Lexa. Watch her every night, after she comes back from work. See her every mornings during her training with our kids, when she teaches them how to defend themselves. Watch her being the overprotective mother with her kids. Being able to fall asleep with her and our kids on the couch. But I can't give her this. I will never be able to give her this.

Murphy : Don't say that...

Someone knocked at the door. And Doctor Wilson entered in the room, I wiped up my tears and listen to her.

Alice : Okay, so first we are going to do blood tests and see if the blood is circulating well in your veins. Then we will do an MRI and see if everything is normal in your brain. An electrocardiogram and an echo cardiogram. Are you doing these now or do you want an appointment ?

Clarke : Now if that's okay with you. I want to know the faster possible.

Alice : Then come on, let's do this.

After doing all the tests it was almost midday and I didn't had eaten anything since yesterday night. Murphy was gone to bring me food, when the doctor arrived in the waiting room again. She had a sad look on her face. At that moment I knew that it was going to be my end soon.

Alice : Hey, miss Griffin, can you come to my office, please ?

Clarke : Yeah of course.

Alice : Okay so, you were right... your heart is becoming weak from days to days. Your structural heart disease is back. We are going to do everything we can to save you. But you need to know that maybe, the treatments won't be successful this time. You will maybe need a heart transplant.

Clarke : How much time do I have until I die ?

Alice : Clarke, you will not die, we are going to save you.

Clarke : How much time please ?

Alice : You have seven months left, if the treatments don't work and you don't have a heart transplant, until your heart stop beating.

Clarke : Can I go home ?

Alice : We need to start the treatments the faster we can. I already called my team so they can work on a valuable treatment.

Clarke : I will call you tomorrow morning for this. I really need to go.

Alice : Of course, call me tomorrow. Bye.

Clarke : Bye.

I got up from the chair and went outside. Murphy was waiting for me in front of his car. I went in, and he climbs in too and started the car without asking anything. He always knew when to talk and when it was better not to. I had tears in my eyes.

Clarke : Can you take me to my moms house please ? I want to see her and talk to her.

Murphy : Yeah of course, do you want to eat. I brought burgers ?

Clarke : No, thank you.

Murphy : Do you want to talk about it ?

Clarke : Not really, can we just put music ?

Murphy : Yeah, do you want to be the DJ or do you want me to ?

Clarke : Can I ?

He nods and gives me his phone. I out depressive songs. When the song Surrender arrived, I started singing. Murphy was looking at me with tears in his eyes. He understood what was the problem.