30

THIRD PERSON

"Saan ka ba nagpupupunta? Hinahanap ka na ni coach!" nag-aalalang bungad ni Jeonghan nang salubungin niya si Seungcheol sa labas ng campus.

"Tsk," pasimple niyang tinabig ang kamay ni Jeonghan na pilit siyang hinihila para pabilisin ang lakad nila papuntang gymnasium.

"Bigla ka nalang nawawala," reklamo nito.

He just rolled his eyes at binilisan ang lakad. He wanted to get rid of Jeonghan's presence. He's one of those reasons why he ended up locking the love of his life in a dark, cold, and quiet room.

He doesn't want to feel jealousy but as a man with pride, he can't stand to see other men making his girl smile. He doesn't want Hope to find happiness with other people except him. He's selfish and spoiled, he gets what he wants and he doesn't want to share.

As he went inside the gymnasium, his trainer immediately scolded him after ditching his last practice. He doesn't have his attention to his coach, all he wanted now is to go back home, punish her girl.

Matapos siyang sermonan ay agad na siyang sinabak sa last minute practice bago magsimula ang contest. He has to perform good since there are guests from other school, he will also compete with students out of the campus.

He stretched his neck before heaving a sigh. He should know what to prioritize this time.

Sa kabilang banda, Hope is still crouching on the wet floor, hands on her ears, silently praying for her heart to stop throbbing painfully.

She's scared of the dark and her being trapped inside a dim room with an odor of blood makes her feel more terrified.

Kanina pa siya nanginginig sa takot, hindi magawang buksan ang mga mata sa kadahilanang hindi siya handa sa kaniyang makikita kahit na ang sasalubong lamang sa kaniyang mga mata ay kapaligirang nababalot ng kadiliman.

"C-Choi Seungcheol," she whispered his name.

She wanted to go out, but she felt stiff, she can't move her body due to severe phobia. She knew to herself that she's more than this coward. She believed that she's beyond worthy to be free from this trap. But she can't do anything to object to her fate.

Why do people experience sufferings even if they don't want to claim it?

We are all forced to live in this cruel world, but some haven't noticed it. Because these people overcome difficulties by distributing cruelty.

Seungcheol used his power and pride to lock Hope inside his own misery, his possession. Making her experience worse than what's fated to her.

She wanted to die for real, but Seungcheol won't let that happen if it's not in favor of him. He uses cruelty as a response to the curse of the cruel world we live in.

Live is cruel, everything about Hope speaks misfortune. Having someone who's crazy for her, being a standing parent at a young age, a sibling that doesn't appreciate her, and lastly, being locked. It seems like she won't be able to spread her wings again. She will be forever trapped inside the cage locked by her own admirer that should stand as her hidden comfort.

She used to know Seungcheol as Cherry, a comfort. She almost shared every struggle she endured alone. But having the opportunity to know his real identity contributed to her desire to get rid of her own life.

She trusted him, he served as her medium to open her cage again, but it turned out that Seungcheol just wanted to double the lock.

She panted after realizing that the air that she breathes is slowly getting thin. She's struggling alone, as always.

She coughed, and then she just found herself laughing at her own difficulties. There's nothing new, she's always alone when she's vulnerable.

One last inhalation, she pressed her back on the cold wall as she pass out.

She wanted to assume that she's just going to take a break, but low-key anticipating for her not to wake up anymore.

She's been through a lot, she doesn't want to be locked again.

If she won't be able to unlock the cage, then just bury her, and never set her free again.

After a while, Seungcheol came back to his house, holding a gold medal that he won in the swimming competition. He opened the door and switched on the lights just to see her unconscious on the ground.

It's cold but she's sweating, she's cold and shaking. Seungcheol let out a smile and ruffled her hair. "Babe,"

"This is for you," he pouted as he hung the medal on her neck.

"I thought mapapanuod mo na rin ako sa wakas. Di bale, may finals pa at saka next year,"

"Let's go," binuhat ni Seungcheol so Hope palabas, diretso sa kwarto nito.

"Mabuti naman at nagstay ka," he told his sleeping hostage.

As they arrived at his room, he immediately changed her wet clothes. As much as he wanted to do something, he considered her condition. She's sick and sleeping. He doesn't care about that fact, but he wanted to look good in front of his love. He wanted to be normal for her.

But he knew he can't be normal. Loving her will make her stained in the crimson shade.

"I love you," he muttered as he cover her with a thick blanket.