I closed my eyes tightly, knowing how this story ends...knowing how his story ends.

"Alastor stop movin'!" The officer yelled, his voice sounding uneven, "I'll put a bullet in your skull if you don't sit still, dammit! Put your hands up!"

I couldn't look away from Alastor. Tears rolled off my cheeks as I watched him shake and bleed. He coughed again, keeping that smile plastered on his face.

I tried to grab his hands but my fingers slipped through him once again, and I sobbed softly.

Then the smile on his face relaxed, and he spoke.

"Do it, you fucking pussy."

My eyes widened. He snatched his gun and cocked it once more, but he didn't even have time to aim it before a loud shot rang out and I screamed when his head jerked back as it hit him.

Blood splattered the grass behind him, and his body fell limp.

I was sobbing uncontrollably, and crawled over to his body. When I went to touch him, my hands actually met his chest and I stopped a second.

I can touch him now...

I was leaning over him and I pushed some hair from his face. His eyes were lifeless...he didn't even have time to close them before he died. My trembling hand went over his eyes and I sniffled as I gently closed them.

There were footsteps all around us, and I just held him while I cried, wishing I could have been there with him.

The bullet hole in his forehead was leaking blood, and I couldn't stand looking at him like this. I leaned down and kissed his lips softly.

"You deserve that much...even if you died believing you deserved nothing at all..." I whispered when I pulled away.

I cupped his face and more tears built up behind my eyes, my throat burning as I fought back more sobs.

"I love you..." I strained out, hiccuping softly as the tears started flowing again, "I love you so much..."

Of course his dead body didn't reply.

But I finally said it. I said it out loud.

As the police officers surrounded us, coming closer to him, I clutched his body and looked out at them.

"Go away!" I screamed as tears flowed from my eyes, "don't touch him!"

I hugged him and shut my eyes tightly, then suddenly it felt like I was falling.

"No!" I yelled as I fell, then my back hit something soft and I gasped sharply, sitting up quickly.

My face was wet from tears, and I touched my cheek. My room was still dark, and I looked over at the spot next to me.

Alastor was laid down, his eyes shut peacefully. Quickly I threw myself on him and hugged him.

He jolted and woke up with a small gasp, his entire body going tense for a moment. I started crying into his neck, hugging him tightly.

There was a moment of me just crying against him before he slowly put his arms around me, sitting up a bit.

I crawled into his lap and put my legs on either side of him, getting a better angle to hug him.

"Dear...?" He said groggily, "are you alright? Why are you crying?" He asked me, trailing his fingers down my back.

"I just finished watching you die...that's why..." I said barely above a whisper, my voice sounding like a pitiful whimper.

He froze, and then sighed.

"Oh, honey..." he said softly, "I'm right here, you don't need to be upset."

He pulled me up gently and looked at me, "look, see, I'm right here," he said with a tired smile and I touched his face.

I pushed his hair up, looking at the small scar just above the area between his eyes. Quickly I kissed it and he hummed softly.

"Thank you..." he said, and then rubbed my sides, "now smile for me, please? I hate seeing you cry, sweetheart," he said, still sounding a bit tired.

A small smile rose to my lips and I laid my forehead against his.

Maybe I wasn't there for him then...

But I have him right now...

I connected our lips for a moment and he hummed softly, kissing me back.

When we parted, he kissed my nose and then my cheeks. Then he kissed the corners of my eyes and wiped the tears off my face with his thumbs.

"There, now...better?" He asked me and I nodded, sniffling softly. Those red eyes glowed softly in the darkness and as I stared at him I saw a glimpse of what they held underneath.

That chocolate brown color, that life.

Once again I let my forehead lay against his and closed my eyes.

I love you...