Not blind enough to see your love (Tamarin X reader)

Start from the beginning

As they reached the ground, he decided it would be better if they traveled mostly on talon. He just hoped they would remember the way to the gardens.

- Small Timeskip -

(S/n)'s (e/c) eyes glittered with happiness as he spotted his favorite RainWing. They flapped his wings quickly in excitement. Too excited in fact as they bonked into a tree with his head, with the cactus surprisingly undamaged. They were dazed for a moment. Tamarin flicked her head toward the noise and opened his mouth for a moment to speak, but was interrupted by the dazed SandWing.
" I'm okay! ", (S/n) exclaimed reassuringly. Tamarin had a smile creep upon her face. Her ruffs flicked upwards and shading with yellow and pink. He giggled at the SandWing.

(S/n) came over to Tamarin after his gaze faded away. He smiled at the cactus and then at Tamarin.
" I have something for you. ", They stated. Tamarin tilted her head at him.
" Here, Hold out your talons. ", He instructed. Tamarin nodded and holder out her talons. (S/n) placed the bottom of pot of the cactus into her talons.
" Be careful. It might sting you if you aren't careful. ", (S/n) said.
" What is it? ", Tamarin asked as she drifted her talons across the pot.
" It's a heart shaped cactus. It has pink flowers sprouting from it. ", (S/n) explained.

Tamarin's scales shifted to a soft yet vibrant pink. A grin grew upon his face. She turned towards the section of sand in the royal gardens. He dug a hole in one portion of the sand then she carefully dug his talons into the sand close to the rims of the pot. She lifted the cactus and set into the hole. He then carefully settled the sand around the edges to make it look natural.

After she was finished, she turned to (S/n). She came over to (S/n) and raised her talons close to his face. (S/n) understood and slightly dropped his face into her talons. Tamarin smiled and brought her talons closer to herself until both dragonet's snouts touched. (E/c) eyes widened as he realized what was happening. After a moment, he relaxed his body and let it happen.

Both dragonets stayed that way for a bit. Then, Tamarin pulled her talons away from her. As (S/n) was pulled away from her, he opened his (e/c) eyes and looked at her.
" Does this mean that we're dating? ", (S/n) asked hesitantly.
" Hehe yeah, it does ", Tamarin laughed. She then pulled his face towards her and booped her nose with his.

- Timeskip -

A small hybrid followed closely behind his mother. The small dragonet had blue scales with (s/c) highlights.
" What are you doing, mother? ", He asked.
" I'm looking for a (f/c) flower for your father. ", Tamarin stated.
" Oh alright. ", Dusk responded.

As they both arrived at the gardens, Tamarin started to look. Dusk watched her for a minute then scanned his surroundings. Suddenly, He spotted a weird transparent shape next to one of the trees. He silt his eyes and studied the shape hard. He realized that it was a RainWing. He hissed and charged at her. The scared RainWing's scales shifted to a pale green as she turned and flew away. Dusk puffed himself triumphantly as she fled. He turned toward where he saw his mother last. His ruffs shaded a slight pale green as he skidded to find his mother.

" Mother! Mother! ", Dusk exclaimed. Tamarin flicked her head towards her son's voice.
" Yes? ", She asked.
" There was a RainWing in the gardens! ", He announced.
" Is Fruit Bat really still trying to secretly access the gardens again? ", She mumblely asked herself.
" Don't worry, mother! I chased her off! She fled like a scared flock of birds! ", He stated proudly. Tamarin smiled at her son.
" Good job honey! ", She praised, lightly petting his head gently. Dusk giggled at her.

Tamarin and Dusk flew towards (S/n). (S/n) smiled widely as he spotted his lover and son. Yellow spread across Dusk's ruffs as he saw his father.
" Dad! Dad! You'll never guess what happened! ", Dusk exclaimed.
" What happened? ", (S/n) questioned.
" There was a RainWing in the gardens and I chased her off. She was so scared! ", Dusk explained excitedly.
" Good job buddy! ", (S/n) praised, giving Dusk a light high five. Tamarin came over to the two and gave (S/c) the (f/c) flower.
" Awww. Thank you love ~ ", He cooed at the RainWing. Tamarin just giggled and booped her snout into the side of his face.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I really liked this idea and it was quite fun to write it. And Tamarin has huge best girl energy and I love her for that <3. Also Dusk kinda looks similar to this:

 Also Dusk kinda looks similar to this:

( Also sorry if the image is blurry)

Published: Dec. 21st / 2021