You pushed your face into the warm skin of his neck as he began rubbing your back. "I know, I know. It's okay," JJ soothed.

"J, i'm so—" you started.

"no stop, it's okay. we can talk later. you should rest." he held you tighter as you fused against him.

JJ whispered again gently "go to sleep baby," and pulled more of the blankets around you.
closing your eyes your last thought before drifting off was how on earth you got lucky enough to have JJ in your life.

———

you had been barricading in your room for days now. you dodged the pogues and explained you needed time to breathe. going out was the last thing you wanted to do.

J baby: y/n??

J baby: I'm giving you some space but i wanna see you. miss you so much :(

J baby: remember you're strong

J baby: i'm coming over lovebug!!

of course you wanted to see him. you just didn't want to burden him. but you did love him. finally you decided to reply back to one of his texts. after sending an "ok" you realized he was probably already on his way.

he was. JJ was stomping into your room in no time and over the moon that you even had it in you to text him back.

"baby I'm here!"

wrapping his arms around you on the bed he clung to you, as you did him. you felt like maybe this isn't real? that if you don't hug him tightly, if you don't hold him back, he'll fade away.

"wanna shower bug? i'll help you." he smirked.

you scoffed, "and here I thought you were coming to rescue me."

"oh, of course of course, I am" he laughed, "it's just I know you'll feel better." he kissed your cheek and gave you a light smile. He always knew exactly what you needed.

So, you smiled, a genuine smile, as you seemed to do around him. He went to turn on the water while you got some more towels for the both of you.

The bathroom soon filled with steam as the two of you undressed. The warm water was appreciated by you tense muscles. The intimacy of the shower helped you relax.

Your boyfriend held you together and helped you get clean. He used your banana shampoo and did his best to wash your anxieties down the the drain with it.

——

"you wanna get out of here for a little while" JJ suggested. you were sitting on your bed watching movies with him. You still haven't had the energy to leave your house as more days past.

"why, what do you have in mind?" you asked.

"I don't know we could go for a drive and get slushies." knowing you might feel nervous he added, "only if you want too of course."

sighing you figured it probably be good to get some fresh air, "yeah ok, as long as I have you." giving a grin, you agreed.

"don't worry, I'll protect you." he assured grabbing both your hands and pulling you up.

the drive to the little gas station was not as long as you thought it would be. the playlist you made together was filling your ears and keeping you heart beat normal. JJs hand rested on your knee as he drove.

when you entered the little snack shop hand in hand you skipped to the bright colored icee machines.

"what flavor you thinking of getting bug?" JJ spoke mouth hitting your temple.
you pushed your lips together and reflected
over all the choices, "hmm probably cherry" you gave a small smile.

after paying for the slurpees, JJ deciding on the blue raspberry,he asked if you wanted to go down to the sand.

despite what others might think, you would follow him anywhere. so you went down to the little beach area, enjoying the breeze and the setting sun. you sat between his legs, using his chest as a back rest. The sky was painted an array of colors just like your tongues.

after talking quietly for hours, the sugary beverages was in your systems and the only sounds in the dark of the night was of the waves hitting the shore. you rested your head on his shoulder, "thank you J, for everything."

you were an anchor and just as you were sinking, and dragging below the surface, you were being lifted up.