Chapter 41- Ready

(This is an extra long chapter, sorry!)

Sam's POV

I pulled back into the driveway and put my car in park. I could see a light on through the window, I was hoping everyone was already asleep. Sloan had texted me that she was ready to talk but I didn't know if I was ready so I just didn't respond. I was sure it was someone else awake, she had been so tired lately, there was no way she was still up. I turned the car off and headed inside. I opened the door and my eyes landed on Sloan. Fuck. I quickly looked down. Well I guess I was talking to her now. Pull it together Sam, I thought as I turned around. I was instantly filled with regret for how I had acted earlier, no wonder she didn't want to tell me.

"I'm sorry" the words left my lips at the same time as the same exact words left hers

"No, let me go first Sammy," she said, I was fine with that, because I wasn't even sure what else to say yet,

"Alright." I sat down on the other end of the couch,

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you.  I was scared and I didn't want to scare you too if there was nothing to be scared over.  I realize now that that wasn't the best way for me to handle it.  But I was still so mad at you for last night, and I just really handled things in a shitty way and I'm sorry." She said speaking in a soft tone, she reached out touching my hand, probably in an attempt to calm me down but it just put me further on edge. I just needed to be honest with her and I knew that.

"I was really upset that you didn't tell me, but then I saw how I reacted and I realized that the way I reacted was probably exactly why you didn't want to tell me.  I just wasn't expecting it, and I still don't know what to think." She had basically blind-sided me and then taken off, but I couldn't say that because I took off too. I did it because I didn't want to say something I'd regret, she did it because she was scared.

"It's alright, it is shocking," she sighed, trying to reassure me. Shocking was an understatement honestly.

"So...did you find out?" I asked, holding my breath

"I did, do you want to know?" she replied, I scoffed, what kind of stupid question was that.

"Well of course I do Sloan." I forced a smile trying to hide the anxiety pulsing through my veins

"I just didn't know if you wanted to know now" She laughed, shoving me, making me even more uncomfortable but I hid it.

"Yes, I want to know." I said

"Here" I followed her hand with my eyes as she grabbed a test from her pocket, I felt my chest get tight before I even took it from her hand. I read the word across the screen and it felt like my heart stopped. 'Pregnant'

"You're, you're pregnant," I stumbled on my words. She just smiled back at me, she was obviously happy. I sunk into the couch and stared back at the test. How was this happening. We were finally all happy, and now this. I mean what did this mean for all of us going forward. I started to panic internally.

"Sam?" She whispered

"I just, I just don't know what to say" I ran my hand through my hair as my mind raced, I tried to distract myself briefly, "How are you though?"

"I'm happy, scared, but happy," She said back,

"And Jake?" I had no idea how he'd handle it, but I knew he loved Sloan, so he was probably supportive

"He's happy too, as far as I can tell."

"Sloan, I have a girlfriend, and you're with Jake, what are we going to do if-" I asked,