Chapter 12- Tidal wave

Jake's POV

I sat on a bench outside of The Brew Stop waiting for Sloan to get off work. I watched as cars drove past and the sun started to set. I sat there thinking about how I was going to ask Sloan to come on tour with me. I knew how independent she liked to be and was nervous she would decline. I frowned at the thought of not being able to see her for 3 months. She made me happier than I thought possible. I jumped as someone covered my eyes.

"Guess who" She said as I smiled and leaned my head back to kiss her. I sighed as she pulled her lips away from mine, I could kiss her all day and never get tired of it.

"Well you better be my girlfriend otherwise you're in trouble." I said giving her a smirk as she removed her hands, I stood up off the bench, "You ready?" She nodded and we made our way down the street to the little diner we both loved to frequent. I sat down on the booth across from her so we could have a conversation I had been running through my head all day.

"So Sloan," I said looking down at the table out of nervousness, I heard a soft sniffle and I looked up to see her teary eyed looking back at me, "Oh my gosh what is wrong," I said rushing over to her side of the booth and wrapping her in a hug.

"Are you breaking up with me?" She said wiping here tears. My heart ached at the thought, and seeing her so upset was the worst feeling.

"WHAT! Absolutely not, are you crazy, I love you so much I would never." I said sternly turning her face to look at me.

"What...?"

I sat there quietly for a second after realizing what I had said, I had been feeling that way for a long time, I just never could find the right moment to tell her.

"I love you Sloan, I would never do anything to hurt you." I said giving her a gentle kiss.

"I love you too," She kissed me back and then put her head on my shoulder as I pulled her as closely to me as I could. I wanted this moment to last forever, I didn't want to mention the tour and risk not getting to hold her like this every day, but I knew I had to. "So if you aren't breaking up with me then what did you want to talk about?" She blushed. I grabbed her hand taking in a deep breath as I mentally prepared myself for rejection.

"Sloan I haven't told you yet because it wasn't set in stone until today, but next week we leave to go on tour." I said as I watched her concern grow into a beaming smile.

"OMG I'm so happy for you! Thats so exciting!" she paused, her smile fading and the concerned look coming back, "How long will you be gone?"

I took another deep breath before I finally answered her, "3 months". She looked down trying to hide her once again teary eyes, "Sloan, I want you to come with me..?" I said as I tucked her hair behind her ear lovingly, she looked up at me her mouth slightly agape at my request.

"What..?" she said looking at me with her gorgeous green eyes, I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I want you to come with me." I said with more power behind it this time.

"Are you sure? Are the guys ok with it?" She said. I hadn't actually asked their permission but I didn't think I needed to, they all loved her and if it were their girlfriend they'd want them to come too. If anyone had an issue I'd deal with it.

"Oh please they all love you." I said as i hugged her, I could tell she was still not sure of her answer so I continued, " Yes, I'm sure, listen you don't have to give me an answer now but I just wanted to ask."

"Of course I want to go but can I have a day to figure out if its possible? I just don't know if I have enough money to travel for 3 months" She said