Chapter 2-Information

(Continues where chapter 1 left off)

I made my way inside the house to find everyone squeezed into the kitchen, once again greeting each other and talking over one another, having multiple conversations. I sat there quietly and observed. I could sit and listen to this family talk all day, always so amusing, poking fun at each other, but also always filled with so much love for one another, and anyone they considered 'family'. People started to disperse in different areas of the house and continue their individual conversations. Jake, Sam and Karen stayed talking in the kitchen, Ronnie and Josh made their way up stairs because josh wanted to show Ronnie the souvenirs he acquired on his trip.  Me and Danny settled in the living room with Kelly, the twin and Sam's dad. Danny sat on the couch and I sat on the floor in front of the couch listening to whatever was on the tv and looking at my phone. I looked up when I saw someone coming around the corner towards me. Sam was walking towards me, raising an eyebrow and smirking.

"Whats with you?" I asked as he sat down on the floor next to me.

"Oh nothing," he said obnoxiously plain, "I just have some information that might interest you"

"What is it?" I said, genuinely curious.

"Well, someone had a breakup on their trip" He whispered in my ear before leaning back and looking at me as he waited for a reaction.

"Why would that interest me" I said, trying to keep a normal expression, looking away from Sam and back at my phone.

"Righttt" Sam said, "I saw the way you acted when he got here, you definitely are still into h-"

I elbowed Sam in the side, cutting him off as Jake walked into the room, making his way to the couch to sit by Danny. 

"Whats going on here?" Jake said plopping down on the couch behind me, his leg resting against my shoulder slightly, obviously he'd seen me elbow Sam.

"Oh nothing, I'm just trying to talk about the graduation party and Sam keeps making jokes." I said, quickly trying to come up with an explanation.

"Yeah, we still need someone to provide the....Alcohol..." he whispered looking up at his dad.

"Oh please," his dad said matter of factly  "Me and your mother won't even be here, and you know we don't care if you drink as long as you are at home safe. There is already a lot of beer in the fridge and you know people will bring their own liquor. I was in high school once, I know how these parties go. "

"Yeah like 100 years ago" Jake said, laughing with Sam and Danny and I.

"Dad!" Josh yelled running down the stairs, "You have to come see the new vinyl we got on our trip! Its still in the car!"

"Ok I'm coming, I'm coming" Kelly said, sighing as he rose from his recliner.

"OOH, I want to see too!" Sam yelled getting up and jumping over me, making his way to the garage, Danny following close behind.

I sat in silence at the realization that now only Jake and I were in the living room. I quickly pretended to look at my phone.

"You don't want to look at the vinyl too?" he asked, nudging me with his leg, 

"Yeah, I'll check it out later when there isn't such a crowd" I said smiling

He nodded his head smiling a bit.

"So how was your trip?" I said breaking the silence any way I could.

"Eh, it was alright, I enjoy traveling and going new places but 3 months with josh can be a little... much." he said rubbing his face, I could tell he was exhausted, "What about you? Excited to graduate?"