Chapter 16- Rain

I stood at side stage and watched the boys perform.  They put on a great show, if I were a fan I'd have no idea Jake and Sam wanted to kill each other.   I watched Jake as he played, I could tell by his face that he was in more pain than he was letting on.  As for Sam, you could barely see his busted lip.  As soon as Jake put his guitar down after the last song he grabbed his hand and made his way off stage. 

"How bad is it?" I asked taking his hand and examining it

"Its hurting pretty bad," he said wincing as I gently held it.

"Well you couldn't tell by your playing, you did amazing as always, I said kissing his sweaty cheek.   The boys all changed and got their things to head back to the bus. 

"Hey I think me and Sloan are going to make a trip to the medic before we head back, we will see y'all later."   Jake said holding up his hand, the boys Josh nodded that he heard him and then they went back to the bus.  I went with Jake to the medic who said that his hand wasn't broken but it was bruised very badly.  They ended up giving him some pain pills to treat the pain and swelling. 

"How strong are these?" he asked the medic

"I wouldn't take them a couple hours before the show, they will make you pretty tired." the medic replied.   We left the medic tent and made our way to the bus, it had started sprinkling again.  We were staying in this city over night because the boys had an interview the next morning.  We got on the bus to see Josh, Danny and Sam eating pizza.  Me and Jake each grabbed a slice and then went to our room.   We talked and ate as we sat cuddled on the bed.  These were my favorite moments with him.  We finished our pizza and Jake took 2 of the pain pills the medic gave him. 

"I'm going to take a quick shower I will be right back," He said disappearing into the bathroom, after a while the door opened and he came out wrapped in a towel, his eyes looking heavy.   

"Hows your hand feeling?" I asked with a small smile

"Wayyyy betterr," His words drawn out, I gave a little giggle

"I'm going to shower, we can cuddle some more when I get out," I said kissing him as I walked past. He smiled and nodded.    I took my shower and came back out ready to cuddle with Jake.  I giggled as I turned to look at the bed.  He had completely passed out, still in his towel, the Tv remote in his hand still.  I put on some pajamas and went to lay down beside him.  I sat there staring at the ceiling for what felt like hours, not being able to sleep.  I looked over at Jake, his mouth open, his hair over his face slightly, I had never seen him sleep so hard.   It had gotten quiet out in the kitchen so I decided to go sit in the kitchen and work on my article.  I sat in the kitchen for a while when I heard the curtain of one of the bunks slide open.  It was probably just one of the guys needing the bathroom. 

"Sloan? Is everything ok?" I heard in a whisper, it was Sam.  I said nothing just briefly looked up then back at my computer.  "Sloan will you please just talk to me."

"About what Sam." I said annoyed

"Anything, we used to tell each other everything."  He said, walking towards me at a slow pace

"Sam do not come over here if Jake wakes up he's going to be so angry." I said standing up

"I don't care about Jake." he said continuing towards me

"Obviously not." I blurted out as I crossed my arms and turned my body away from his direction.

"Sloan thats not what I meant, please just look at me," He said placing his hand on my arm, I jerked it away running out of the bus. It was now pouring outside.  Sam ran down the bus steps following me out into the rain.  "I'm sorry I hurt you Sloan but I am not sorry I kissed you." He said looking at me, his hair and clothes soaking wet.  I looked up from the ground and just stared at him.