Chapter 4- Mystery Man

"KIDS, BREAKFAST!" Karen yelled from downstairs

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around to see where I was, I didn't remember much after the little game of hide and seek. I recognized by the posters on the walls that I was in Sam's bed.  I turned to my right to see a passed out Sam drooling on his pillow.  I giggled a bit. 

"Sammy" I said, shaking his shoulder softly so he would wake up, "Its time for breakfast"  

He groaned and pulled the blanket over his head. "Ughhh too loud" 

"If we don't go now there won't be any pancakes left..." I said trying to entice him

"Ugh fine" He sat up slowly and stood up, only in his boxers 

"Sammy! We have talked about this, If I stay over you have to wear actual clothes!" I said jokingly covering my eyes and throwing a pillow at him.

"Oh, shut up," He said as he made his way to the bathroom 

"Hey can I borrow some clothes?"  I asked through the bathroom door

"Sure!" He didn't have to tell me what drawers to ransack, I already knew.  We borrowed each other's clothes often, especially after parties when I slept over.  

I changed quickly while he was in the bathroom into a t-shirt and some shorts I found that I had left there at some point before.  Sammy opened the door and began brushing his teeth. I went in and began tying my hair up and rinsing my face.   Sammy Gasped. 

"Sloan! What is that!" he said with big eyes, his toothbrush still in his mouth 

"What is what?" I said confused, still drying off my face 

"That!" he said motioning to my neck, a giddy smirk on his face. 

I moved my hair and looked in the mirror, my eyes got wide. It was a hickey from Jake.  

"Oh, thats nothing." I said brushing my hair over it to hide it, and walking out of the bathroom 

"Sloan that is definitely a hickey" he said spitting into the sink and then following me,  laughing because he could tell I was flustered.  "Soooo who is it frommmm?" he asked as we both headed into the hallway 

"No one Sam, just drop it" I said annoyed 

"Ok, ok, sheesh." he said throwing his hands up 

What was I supposed to say?  I didn't even know what to think. I didn't want to tell Sam and then it ended up being a one time thing.  I didn't even know if he would be ok with me being with Jake.   We made our way into the kitchen and were met with the smell of buttery pancakes and bacon.  Karen Kiszka was the best cook.  Josh and Jake sit at the table and Danny was standing fixing his plate.    I went next to Danny and started fixing my plate.   "Will you fix mine too?" Sam asked nicely as he sat down at the table.  "Sure" I said still slightly annoyed.  I brushed my hair back over my shoulders so it wouldn't get in the food while I fixed our plates.  

"Looks like someone had fun last night" Danny said, "Who gave you that." he motioned to my neck.  Fuck. 

Josh stood up and walked over to the counter to get seconds, inspecting my neck as he walked by and raising his eyebrows, waiting for me to answer.  I stayed quiet and just smiled as I stood there fixing my pancakes.  

"So, Sloan, who is this mystery man" Josh inquired, as I still stood facing the window fixing my plate. 

"Yes Sloan, who is this mystery man." It was Jake asking this time, and he knew exactly what he was doing.  Trying to get rise out of me.  Without even turning around I could tell he was smiling when he said it.  I could feel him staring at me.