Chapter 3-the party

I stood in Sam's bathroom admiring my outfit. Skinny jeans, a band tee that I had cut into a v-neck, and my vans. I was pleased with how cute I looked but was getting sweaty because there were so many people downstairs. I started to braid my hair into a side braid, struggling a little due to being tipsy, listening to the thump of the bass from the party down stairs. It was a little past 11pm and people were already pretty drunk. I heard a knock at the door, "Just a second". I finished up my braid, gave my outfit another look, and then opened the door to walk out, running right into Jake, causing him to spill his drink all over him and the floor.

"Oh fuck, I'm so sorry," I gasped, frantically reaching back to grab a hand towel and dry jakes shirt. I paused once I realized his shirt was half undone and I was actually touching his bare chest. I felt my face get hot and I froze.  I knew I was probably blushing. He looked at me once again with those dark eyes, having not said a single word, just smirking at my actions. 

 "Uh here." I said, handing him the towel and squeezing past him in the doorway. He grabbed both my arms and shook me a little "It's fine!" he said laughing, obviously already drunk. I broke away from his grip, I just wanted to get out of there, I was so embarrassed. "Oh, and I like your shirt!" he yelled as I made my way down the hallway. What was that? I thought to myself, a compliment, from Jake? He obviously wasn't mad I had spilled my drink, and probably wouldn't even remember this by tomorrow, I smiled at the fact that he had just said something actually nice to me. 

I stood at the top of the stairs, scanning the house in search of a familiar face. There were so many people here that I didn't know. Not only had Sam and Danny invited basically the whole senior class, but people had also come to welcome Josh and Jake back home. I finally saw Sam walking into the kitchen, so I made my way down the stairs pushing past crowds of people who were all having loud conversations over the music. I found Sam and took some of the cups out of his hands.

"Need help?" 

"YES PLEASE" he yelled laughing, "They think I'm their servant"

"Who does?"

"My brothers and Danny, they sent me to get more drinks for them. Guess this will have to do," he said, holding up a bottle of tequila someone had left on the counter and shrugging his shoulders. "Not that I'm complaining!" he added with a smile 

"Thats just what you all need, more alcohol." I said sarcastically

"Oh come on Sloan, have some fun for once" he said as we made our way to the back yard.

It was pitch black outside. There was a bonfire going and with the glow it gave off I could see Josh sitting with a group of people on one side, and Danny sitting in a chair on the other, Mackenzi, his girlfriend, on his lap. I loved Mackenzi, she was always such an upbeat person. As me and Sam made our way over I heard a yell "Finally! took you long enough!", it was Josh.

"Ungrateful!" Sam yelled jokingly back at josh

I walked over to Danny and Mackenzi and sat on the ground beside their chair and began to catch up with Mackenzi. Sam sat on the ground beside me and began to pour drinks and pass them out to people. Josh got up from his group of friends and came to sit with us. We sat for a while drinking, me sipping on my tequila, while the boys kept taking shots.

"I've been looking for you guys everywhere!" I heard someone yell from behind me, I turn around to see Jake making his way over, a big smile on his face, his eyes blood shot and tired.

"Oh come on, you know you always find josh by the fire." Danny said laughing, causing everyone else to nod in agreement and laugh.

"Give me that" Jake said, taking the bottle of tequila and chugging some of it.