Chapter 23-Happier

cont.

Sam's POV

"What do we do?" I said pacing back and forth in the room

"What do you mean what do we do, she left, she obviously doesn't want to be here." Jake said still looking at the floor.

"Maybe she is just with Rhiannon for the night," I said walking towards the front of the bus, Jake didn't move from the bed. I ran over to the hotel where I knew Rhiannon was staying and made my way up to her room, knocking frantically on the door. I heard footsteps and held my breath as the door opened, It was Josh, I pushed past him into the room.

"She's not here Sam," He said plainly. I turned on my heels in his direction,

"Where is she?" I said quickly

"Rhiannon took her to the airport," He said crossing his arms and shrugging his shoulders,

"what? what airport," I said walking back towards the door,

"Sam I don't thin-" he started

"WHAT AIRPORT" I yelled, I didn't have time for this. I couldn't let her leave like this, I had to get to her. Josh threw his hands up and revealed the name of the airport, I ran downstairs and got into an uber. My mind was racing as I tapped my leg repetitively the whole way to the airport, I knew Sloan had to be upset, we had given her an impossible ultimatum and then just left to go on stage, It was awful timing. At this point I wasn't worried about her choice I just wanted to make sure she was ok, and to know that if she did choose Jake she could stay on tour and I wouldn't mind. The car pulled up to the airport and I ran inside, I looked at the big electric board to figure out which direction I needed to go in. I saw a flight departing to Michigan soon and took off to the terminal, out of breath when I made it there I scanned the seats and there was no sign of Sloan. I ran my hands threw my hair and sunk into one of the seats. I was to late. I put my head in my hands and took a deep breath.

"Sam?" I heard a soft voice, I looked up to see Sloan standing across from me. I jumped up and embraced her in a hug almost spilling her drink in her hand. She melted into me, nuzzling her face into my neck as we held each other.

"I just had to make sure you were ok?" I said still holding her,

"Of course I'm not ok, I've been so selfish, I was just trying to figure out my feelings and I've ended up hurting both you and Jake in the process, and now I just don't know what to do. I can't stay here and watch both of you, or one of you get hurt. I'm going home." She said pulling away and sitting in a chair. I stood there silently for a second, I didn't want her to leave. We had 2 months left on the tour and I didn't want to go that long without seeing her regardless on if she chose me or not.

"Sloan," I said sitting down beside her and placing my hand on her knee, "Why don't you stay with Rhiannon tonight and just give us all a chance to think things over and then we can actually talk tomorrow." I looked up at her as she bit her lip, thinking about my request.

"I don't know Sammy.." She trailed off.

"Sloan please, I really think it would benefit everyone, Jake was pretty torn up about you leaving." I said

"Oh really? Then why are you here and he isn't." She had a point

"I just don't think he knows how to process what is going on, I think giving him the night to think will really help, We were rushed earlier and he had literally just caught his girlfriend with his brother" He said rubbing his chin as the words came out of his mouth. She slowly looked up at me and sighed,

"Fine. I'll stay, but we will talk when I am ready." She said standing up and grabbing her bag

"Ok, thats fine, thank you Sloan." I said giving her a hug, "Here I'll take that," I grabbed her bag and we made our way back to the front of the airport to wait for the uber. I looked at her as the wind blew her hair slightly and she looked up at the sky watching planes pass by. Out of the corner of her eye she caught me staring and turned to me.