Chapter 15- Bruised

I woke up to a light knock at the door. I looked over to see Jake still passed out on his side of the bed so I got up quietly and made my way to the door. I cracked it open a little worried it might be Sam, I didn't want to talk to him.

"Can I please use the bathroom in your room? Sam has been puking in our forever and I really have to pee." Danny pleaded. I giggled at his little dance he was doing as he asked

"Sure, just try and be quiet, Jake isn't up yet." I opened the door for him to pass. I looked down the hallway to the front of the bus, it looked like the coast was clear of Sam for me to get coffee. I walked into the kitchen where Josh was sitting at the table eating some toast and sipping on tea.

"How you doing today Sloan?" Josh said sitting his cup down and giving me a little smile.

"Could be better, just a little anxious I guess." I said pouring my coffee

"I'm sorry that happened." He said shaking his head, "You know how he gets when he's drunk."

"Josh there is no reason for you to apologize, it wasn't your fault." I said, and as I turned around I was met with Sam standing in the hallway looking back at me. For a moment I glared at him, then I started walking towards the bedroom coffee in hand.

"Sloan can I talk-" He started to ask, I pushed past him while looking at the ground and slammed the bedroom door. There was nothing he could say right now to make anything better. Jake sat up startled by the slammed door and Danny opened the bathroom door.

"What is going on?" Jake asked rubbing his eyes

"Nothing, Danny just needed to use the bathroom." I said looking over to Danny who caught on and nodded his head.

"Jake don't forget we meet with our new designer today, she is meeting with us at the next venue before the show." Danny said walking back to the front of the bus, "We should be there in like 15 minutes."

I looked over at the clock to see that we had slept in, understandably, it had been a long night. I had better start getting ready if we only had 15 minutes. I really wanted to just stay here all day. I didn't want to see Sam, I also didn't know how Jake would act when he saw him. As far as I knew Jake hadn't seen him since he was dragged off of him. As much as I wanted to stay here I knew I had to go out and get some pictures of the city for my next article. I stood in the mirror fixing my makeup for the day. Jake came up giving me a hug and snuggling his face into my neck. I smiled leaning my head to the side giving him more access.

"Good morning," He mumbled still holding me, "You doing ok?". I turned around, grabbing his hands and I saw him wince. I looked down to see his bruised hand, purple and blue across his knuckles. I gasped, 

"Jake, your hand," I pulled it up to get a closer look, "Are you going to be able to play tonight?"

"I don't really have a choice, plus its fine, it only hurts a little," he said starting to pull it away. I held it a little tighter and slowly gave each knuckle a little kiss. He smiled as he watched me, "You know I can think of some other things that hurt..." He said jokingly raising an eyebrow. I gave him a little push away as I giggled.

"Nice try, but you have to go meet with your new designer." I said turning back around to finish my makeup

"Ugh fine, but just so you know I'd rather be here with you all day," He said giving me a smack on the ass as he walked out of the bathroom. As we finished getting ready we opened the door and made our way to the kitchen area where everyone was waiting. I didn't even want to see Sam so I just avoided eye contact.