Chapter 28- Dream

I spent most of the day laying around with Sam, I worked on my next article while he plucked away at his base working on some new songs. I will admit it was hard to focus knowing what I needed to tell him. We decided that we'd park the bus for the night and order takeout. Sam heard from the front of the bus that the food had arrived and walked up there to get it. I looked out of the window to see that we had parked pretty far from the city. It was already dark and there was a full moon. It gave me an idea. I slipped on my sweater and scooted the desk to the middle of the room. I stood on top of it and opened the sun roof the cold air rushing in. I grabbed a blanket out of the cabinet and threw it out on top of the bus. Then I climbed out on there myself.

"oh what the hell they didn't even give us any fortune cookies, who doe- Sloan?" I heard Sam, I giggled at his confused tone.

"Sam!" I yelled as I looked down through the window,

"What the heck are you doing," He laughed as he stepped under the window looking up at me, a big smile on his face.

"Here hand me the food," I reached down taking it, "Come on up," I said cheerfully. He stepped up onto the desk and crawled up to the top of the bus,

"Sloan what is going on," He asked still grinning ear to ear looking at the blanket that was spread out under me,

"I thought we could have a picnic, and look at the stars, it's so pretty out," I kissed his cheek as he sat down next to me. We sat and ate our food, stealing glances at each other and giggling between bites at the spontaneity of the whole thing. Once we finished eating we layed on the blanket and looked up at the sky. Sam loved anything astronomy related and started pointing out the different constellations. He thought I was looking up the stars but my gaze was stuck on him. His face was illuminated by the full moon and god was he beautiful. I could listen to him ramble about things all day, but at this moment I just knew I had to stop him. I grabbed his chin mid sentence and kissed him passionately.

"Mmm what was that for?" He said briefly pulling away and biting his lower lip.

"There's actually something I need to tell you," I said shyly,

"Ok, I'm listening," He said turning on his side and resting his head on his hand.

"I love you, and you make me so happy, so I," I paused looking at his twinkling eyes, "I choose you."

"W-What?" He said in disbelief,

"You're the one I want Sammy" I said biting the inside of my cheek as I waited for an answer,

"What about Jake?" He asked looking down at the blanket,

"We talked things out and decided to end things." I said also looking down

"You chose me?" he asked still in disbelief, his eyes back on me now

"Yes." I said loudly. The side of his mouth turned up in a half smile, He leaned over and pulled me into a kiss,

"HEY."

We both jumped and quickly sat up, to see Danny sticking his head through the sunroof,

"We are in here trying to figure out why its freezing on the bus and it's because you two yahoos left the sunroof open!" Danny snapped but in a joking way. "SO. Cut it out and come back inside before we all freeze to death." He ducked back inside the bus and we heard the bedroom door shut before we both broke out in laughter.

"I guess we should probably go inside," He said picking up the empty takeout boxes,

"You're probably right," I added gathering up the blanket, and tossing it down through the sunroof. Sam climbed down first and then reached his arms up to help me. "You're not going to drop me are you?" I said raising a brow and crossing my arms. Sam rolled his eyes and shook his head