Chapter 8-The show

After Breakfast I decided I should probably go home and let my parents know that I was alive. I also wanted to have access to my closet so I could wear something cute for the show later tonight. I looked through my closet trying to find anything that I deemed good enough to wear for Jake's first show back, and my first show as Jakes...Sloan? I didn't know what to consider myself in relation to him but I didn't want to think about it. I finally decided on a black bodycon skirt and a red bustier style top, I loved the way it made my boobs looked so it was the obvious choice. I had some time to kill before the show so I decided that I'd make some cupcakes for the guys to celebrate their first show in a while. I started mixing two sets of batter, one regular batch and one vegan for Sam. No one else was vegan but I didn't mind the extra effort for Sam. I did my best to ice them and then put them in a container. I made sure to get a solid container cause I wanted them to be a surprise. I quickly did my hair and makeup and headed back to the Kiszka residence, just in time to see the guys loading everything in the van. I parked the car and got out, reaching back in to get the cupcakes. As I stood up and turned around I ran into Jake causing me to almost drop the cupcakes.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't even hear you come up behind me," I said laughing with Jake as we both reached for the container to stabilize it before it fell. We were successful, I would have been so upset if they had fallen.

"Sorry, I just had to come over and tell you how amazing you look tonight." He whispered in my ear giving me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed.

"I could say the same to you," I said stepping back and looking him up and down, his mouth curling into a half smile. He was wearing skinny jeans, and a black button down only buttoned half way, and a single necklace with a small stone on it.

"We need to go if we are going to get to sound check on time." Danny said shutting the back of the van. Everyone started to pile into the van, as I squeezed past Sam to get to the third row of seats he gave me a quick smile and then his eyes went to the cupcake container.

"What is in there?" he said. his eyes growing wide as he reached for the container.

"Hands off Sammy" I said pushing past him and yanking the container away from his reach, "You'll find out later!"   He gave me a curious look before turning to face the front of the van.

I finally got to my seat and sat down next to Jake. "Do I get to know whats in there?" He said as I put the container down on the empty seat and buckled my seatbelt.

"And why would I give you special treatment," I said sarcastically giving him a side eye.

"Am I not special enough for special treatment?" He said with raised eyebrows

"Nope. You have to wait just like everyone else." I said bluntly trying not to smile as I teased him

His mouth fell open and he put his hand over his chest dramatically. "Sloan, you wound me!" He said falling over onto me. I playfully shoved him back and he grabbed my hand, interlacing our fingers. I just looked at him and smiled before laying my head on his shoulder for the rest of the drive to the venue. Bliss.

As we pulled up to the venue I looked out the window. There were already a lot of people here, way more than the previous shows I had gone to. We pulled around to the back so we could start unloading the van. As we opened the doors to get out I started to hear the screams from a group of fans waiting by the door.

"You have fans now?" I said as I got out of the van.

"Yes, why do you sound surprised." Josh said back laughing at my tone

It was weird seeing a group of girls going absolutely crazy over the group of guys I grew up with. Josh, Sam, and Danny walked over and started telling the girls hi and taking pictures with them. "Be right back," Jake said giving my hand a quick squeeze before letting go and making his way over to the group. I watched as girls would place their hands on his arm or around his waist for pictures, I couldn't help but feel jealous and insecure in that moment. Some of the girls there were gorgeous. I guess this is just something I would have to get used to. My face dropped as I watched.

"Ok sorry girls we have to get ready for soundcheck," Sam said walking back towards the van and giving me a smile. I was glad he wasn't mad at me anymore.

I stood and watched as the boys came back and forth to the van unloading their stuff.

"Ok I think thats everything, lets go get setup." Josh said making his way inside the venue

I followed closely behind them but as I started to walk backstage I was grabbed by security for the venue.

"Jake!" I yelled ahead so he could hear me, He turned around, and saw that I had been stopped.

"Oh, Let her through thats my girlfriend!" He said loudly so the gaurd could hear. I pushed past the guard and ran to catch up with Jake who had his hand reached out waiting for me. I ran right past his hand and went straight for a kiss.

"What was that for?" Jake said as he pulled away smiling,

"So, I'm your girlfriend now huh?" I said looking up at him with a smirk on my face, my hands still draped over his shoulder around his neck

"If you want to be" He said as he put his hands on my hips pulling me closer, his mouth almost touching mine.

"I think I'd like that." I said, my cheeks were burning as I gave him another kiss.

"Ok you two break it up, break it up." Danny said as he approached us and forced us apart by our shoulders as we both giggled, "We have a show to do."

The boys finished setting everything up and all came to stand beside me backstage while they waited for the venue to introduce them. Josh and Sam on my side and Jake on the other side with Danny. Jake shot me a wink as we locked eyes from across the stage. I blew him a kiss and he reached up pretending to catch it, he was such a dork. I looked down to see Josh and Sam both had a bouquet of white roses in their hands.

"What are those for?" I asked pointing to the flowers

"We started doing this thing where we hand out flowers to fans, to show them we appreciate them," Said Josh

Josh decided at the last minute that he wanted to enter from the other side of the stage so he took off to get there before they got announced.

"Good luck out there tonight," I said to Sam as he was peering out at the crowd, "Are you sure you're ok? you've been quiet and you're usually so excited before a show."

"Uh yeah just trying to get my head in the zone." He said twiddling the roses in his hand, "Here" he said as he handed me one

"Sam no, these are for fans" I said trying to hand it back to him

"Well, you were one of our first fans." He said giving me a soft smile and pushing my hand away so I'd keep the rose. Just as that happened they were announced so he ran out on stage. I watched from the side as they played. They had gotten so good. I watched in awe as they all did their favorite thing in the world. You could tell just by watching them this is what they were meant to do and how happy it made them. Josh belting notes that seemed impossible, Sammy strumming away on his bass, Danny killing it on the drums, and Jake absolutely shredding it on his guitar. I could watch him play all day, the way he moved and swayed around was magical. After the last song I watched as they all took their bows and gave some final waves to fans. The boys all ran off stage and when Jake got to me he picked me up and spun around with a huge smile on his face.

"You were SO good! You all were!" I said as I looked around at them all with beaming smiles and covered in sweat.