"Did someone not mean to wake up?" I hummed to her softly and she groaned. That response made me laugh and I rubbed her back.

I stood in the kitchen with her attached to my front for a minute, and then I heard movement in the living room.

That was soon followed by the boys trickling into the kitchen, Eliot first and then Jake. Eliot was perky as usual, and Jake looked like he'd been hit my a bus.

Much to my amusement.

I was still holding Aria and Eliot saw this and chuckled.

"You seem to have a little something," he said, pointing to her, "like right around there-ish,"

I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about, looking around confusedly. He laughed and I did as well before he noticed the food.

"Woah! You can cook?" He asked me excitedly and I shrugged.

"I think so," I said and just then Aria started squirming. I put her down and she yawned.

"What the fuck happened last night," she grumbled and I laughed. Eliot did as well and Jake groaned.

"Fun shit, fun shit happened," Eliot said, and with that everyone started eating. It was relatively early in the morning, so by the time we were all finished the boys said their goodbyes and left.

"Bye! Tell auntie I said merry Christmas!" Aria called to them as they left, waving.

The door shut and she sighed heavily.

"I feel disgusting," she grumbled, and then turned to me, "I'm going to take a shower, wanna join?" She said and I smirked down at her.

Little temptress.

But I shook my head, declining her offer, "no, dear I'm fine. Go take your shower, and I'll be waiting for you when you get back," I said and she shrugged, then bounded up the stairs. I watched her leave and as soon as she was out of sight I switched back to my demon form.

I walked into the living room, sitting on the couch as I looked at the tree.

The real reason I wasn't up there with her is because I still need to do something...I still need to make her gift.

So...I reached into my mouth, grabbed one of my teeth, and I pulled it out.

The pain was nothing, really, but I did start bleeding. The tooth regrew quickly, though, so it wasn't too messy.

I looked at the golden tooth in my hand, and then slowly I closed my fist around it. My palm heated up and my fist let off a soft red glow.

When I reopened my hand, sitting where the tooth had been was a golden ring. A dainty little thing, delicately designed to fit her perfectly.

I smiled at it, and with the wave of my hand it was in a box, wrapped up and under the tree.

A few minutes later, footsteps came down the stairs and Aria's voice floated into the living room, "so I was thinking we can just do absolutely nothing today, how's that sound?" She said as she rounded the corner.

"Wonderful, darling," I said with a smile and she sighed softly before putting her hands on her hips.

"Did you clean up? Thanks...and I don't have a hangover. I'm assuming that was you, too," she said and I shrugged as she approached me.

But I stopped her and gently grabbed her hips, turning her towards the tree before sitting back in my chair casually.

"What're you...wait..." she said and walked over to the tree as she spotted the small box.

"Alastor...what's this?" She asked, a smile clearly heard through her tone. She picked it up and turned it over a few times.

"For you, my dear..." I said, blushing slightly. I don't normally give people physical gifts...I hope she likes it.

She chuckled softly and walked over, sitting in my lap. I held her gently and watched as she started undoing the wrapping paper.

Then she opened the box.

She gasped and one of her hands flew over her mouth before she looked at me.

"Al! This is so pretty...thank you," she said with a smile and I shrugged, the heat in my face growing as I realized she indeed did like it.

She pulled it out and slipped it onto her ring finger. Her smile was enough to light up my heart, and I hugged her gently.

"I'm glad you like it, honey..." I said softly and she giggled.

"Love! I love it, thank you..." she said and then I felt her fingers against my cheek.

"I have something for you, too..." she said softly, "but I can't give it to you until later tonight," she finished and I felt my heart thump against my rib cage.

A bit of excitement bubbled up inside me and my smile widened, "Ok dear...that's fine, for now do you just want to sit here for a while?" I asked and she nodded.

I can't remember the last time I spent a Christmas...calm.

Normally everyone is worried about the extermination and whatnot, but right now hell seems like a distant memory...

I have all I need right here...

And I don't think I've ever been more impatient for night to fall before in my life.