Storms and Fires Part 2

(POV:Reader)

Eric had finally gotten across, he opened the door and hugged me tightly, apologizing a dozen times. Now we had to get to the other side to be able to get on the small boat. To make problems worse the flames had gotten bigger, and were getting closer to the fireworks box.

-"Eric we have to hurry or the flames will catch up to the fireworks"

-"Yeah, come on let's go this way, we'll have to jump at the end to get closer to the boat"

We had made it to the other side, but the boat was nowhere to be seen. They must have thought we died, I don't blame them though, the fires could have been enough to kill someone. How we made it here in one piece I'm not too sure myself.

Eric jumped first and I jumped next, the water was freezing and the cold air didn't make it any better. I ducked under the water when the ship exploded, it had finally reached the fireworks. The waves had gotten stronger, it was hard to keep my head up so I swam towards a wooden barrel to hold myself up.

I looked around for Eric but he was gone, 'Great! I had finally gotten myself out but now I was lost at sea'. It was hard to keep up with the waves crashing down on me. I couldn't swim or hold on any longer, my hands were freezing and my body felt numb. I felt my eyes closing and my hands slipping slowly. Darkness had taken over along with the water filling my lungs.

(POV:Ares)

This ship had exploded, so I swam around looking for the girl. I avoided barrels and burned pieces of would that fell from the sky. I swam around what was left of the boat and there she was on the far left, her fingers slipping from the barrel she was holding on to. I dove down to get her quickly before she sank any further. Taking her unconscious body to the surface edge.

Reaching the surface, I laid her body on the sand and sat next to her waiting for the storm to pass by.

By morning the storm had cleared, the clouds blocked the sun letting only small rays of light through the cloudy sky. Scuttle had flown in, standing on the grainy sand.

-"Is she dead?" I asked, dreading the answer to be anything but no. Scuttle opened one of her eyelids, looking at her y/e/c eye before closing it.

-"It's hard to say," he sighed sadly.

(A/N):

I just realized how short this chapter is so I post another right after I publish this.

Ugh I have a math test to study for, super annoying! So I won't have much writing time but I wrote 7 chapters of the Christmas story yesterday so it's not too bad.

I hope you enjoy the chapters!

Bye!