Chapter 16: Not.. Right..?

•~•~•~•

"N-No... This can't be-!" The young teen yelled in disbelief.
'3 Years in the future..?!' He thought.

"This can't be right... This isn't right!" He said, gripping his head; a migraine starting to form. Many thoughts came into his mind, mostly the questions of 'why' and 'how'.

"I-If that were really the case... If I am really 3 years into the future.." He paused as he stared into his own reflection.

"H-How come.."

"HOW COME I ONLY GREW HALF AN INCH?!" He yelled. Of all things he had to worry about, it was his height. Not even 'How were things changed so easily in the span of 3 years,' but 'How come I haven't grown much in the span of 3 years?!'

*Knock* *Knock*

A loud knock came from his door, stopping himself from his internal conflict. Sweat started to form as the tip of his ears began to heat up in embarrassment, wondering if that person heard what he said.

After keeping the person waiting, he finally walked off to the door to see who decided to pay him a little visit.

•~•~•

"But fathe-!" The brunet tried to argue with his father, as the duke's cold eyes gazed upon the teen.

"William... You know as much as I do, that it is informal for only part of the ducal house to attend the company of the crown prince.." His father reasoned, shutting William up.

'Damn it-! This whole visit would've been fine if it weren't for that "little brother" of mine! Everyone in this house knows that the prince hates his guts!' He groaned silently, as to not to provoke the duke.

He sighed as he finally agreed.
"Fine... But if worst comes to worst, I'd have to dismiss him from the presence of uncle's son.." The brunet sighed in defeat, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Don't be like that... Even if everyone hates, that "thing".. We are still blood related to "him" aren't we?" His father tried to cheer him up, something he rarely does.

"You'll never know once you see it for yourself, if there is still room for change for that diabolical scum of a son.." The duke pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed, spinning his chair to meet the window.

"Besides.. The worst thing the brat could do is annoy the prince.. And he knows darn well what happens if he does decide to do that.." He said.

"Given the many chances he was given to give a good impression to the prince.." He could see his father's expression darken at the reflection of the window.

'Truly horrible times..' William thought, as he remembered one time when they were young, Yuu tried to injure the prince. He never really understood his younger brother's actions, but eventually he gave up. What were the use of understanding something that is already irreversible as himself.

After a few more moments of silence and going back to the horrible interactions between the prince and the duke's youngest son, duke Areaus dismissed the brunet.

He was about to exit the door when his father said.
"Be sure to escort him yourself.. The nuisance has already scarred most of our maids and butlers, none of them are willing to escort him themselves.." The duke sighed once again as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Will do.. Father.." He gave his signature smiles and exited the room to fetch his brother, who was probably scheming something judging from the weird act he had during dinner.