Chapter 10: A God?

A/N: Thanks for 169 reads again! It ain't that much, but that's a lot for an amateur writer who has no faith in his writing sometimes. Now, that number shall be broken (╥﹏╥).
Anyways~! Please proceed and don't forget to leave a vote! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Yuu was stood frozen, unable to move due to the shock, whilst the queen was kneeling down beside her childhood best friend that saved her as of now. It took Yuu a while to finally let the information sink in. He stood up and slowly walked towards the queen and the body.

"M-Mother..?" He asked, his chest having a heavy feeling and his knees also giving up on him once again. Tears started to form at the corner of his eyes, he urged to fight the tears back, but alas. He started bawling his eyes out along with the Queen shaking her mother, both of them believing this was all a bad dream, a horrible prank of some sorts. But it was the harsh reality.
"P-Please... Don't leave me.." He spoke softly, his voice starting to fade as he continued sobbing.
"Not again...." He whispered, memories of his past flashing through his eyes. His past parents, perishing once again in front of his eyes. The horrid memory he tried to not remember, the flames that ignited as it stormed the house in a matter of seconds. He never wanted to go back, back to that day and experience that event ever again...

He touched his mother's hand, holding it ever so tightly. Praying inside his head as he cried. Eventually, his father, the king, and older brother soon arrived. His brother, Will, knelt down as he silently cried next to me, also holding our mother's hand.
"No.... NOT AGAIN...!" Father shouted.
"BRING A DOCTOR! A HEALER! IMMEDIATELY!" He demanded the head butler who arrived out of thin air. His father stood next to the queen, as the king tried comforting his wife. He gave a glance to the grand duke.
"Areaus.... I believe, it's too.. Late." The king spoke as his wife's cries grew louder at the statement. His father stayed silent, knowing too well to not raise his voice upon the king. He just glared at the ground. He eventually knelt down and held his wife's other hand.

"Selena....." His father said, as he displayed a pained smile on his usually emotionless and stoic face.
"Forgive me... For I have failed to protect you.. As the grand duke, and as your husband." A tear started to slide down his left eye.
"Father! Don't say such things! She's still alive!" Will yelled, denying the fact that their mother was dead.
"So- William." Their father looked at him with a blank expression.
"This is reality. However painful it may be, you can't just say... No. Even if you want to." He spoke as his eyes began to soften. Will just glared at his father and continued to stare and hold their mother's hand. Yuu on the other hand, was still crying, but not as loud anymore. The remaining nobles and servants surrounded them that fought off the people who broke in. Servants began to silently let their tears slide down, maids holding their mouths, trying hard not to cry. Nobles just staring down on them with pity and sympathy, as they knew how kind hearted and nice of a person Selena was.

Minutes felt like hours, as the ballroom's temperature dropped and a suffocating air began to form. Silence filled the room. Yuu's mind was in shambles, as he tried to not only urge not to cry but also erase the old memories. A voice suddenly spoke in his mind.

'What a pitiful scene... Humans truly are fragile..' The voice spoke.
"H-Huh..?" The black-haired boy said out loud, which was ignored.
'Who are you...? A-And.. What are you!' He shouted.
'Me...? I'm merely just a spectator, if you may..' The voice chuckled.
'Fuck off! Can't you see we're all mourning!' Yuu glared at nothing hoping he glared at the voice.
'Now now, don't use cus words at me now.' The voice chuckled.
'How about this... Yes.. or.. No..?' The voice asked.

'What the hell? Yes or No to what? Are you stupid! I'm already having a hard time here!' He stressed, which in return the voice just gave an amused sigh.
'I meant... Would you like to bring her back..? Yes or No?' The voice asked yet again.
'W-What..?' This threw Yuu off. One second the voice was being an ass with no empathy, now he's being nice?
'What's the catch..?' He asked cautiously
'Catch..? There's no such thing!' The voice said.
'That's what they all say. And what are you anyway?' He asked still not trusting the weird voice.
'You can say... A God..?' He questioned rather than answered. Yuu thought for a second, now he was sure. He would risk anything for his mother. Real or not, related or not, he still loved her.
'Yes... Just take what you need! Please.. Revive her..' Yuu pleaded. The voice laughed.
'Human's... Really are interesting.' The voice sighed.
'Now, back to the point. Just concentrate your mana and say this. "Arise", and you should be done.' The voice explained. Yuu blinked but reluctantly followed.