Chapter 7: Book

A/N This chapter was made in the same day I made and released the previous two chapters (╥﹏╥) Guess it's just a great day~ Anyways~! Enjoy the new chapter whenever I decide to post it!

Yuu's POV

Interesting... Very interesting.. *Insert meme here* I thought to myself as I continued skimming through a book about the world's continents. The continent where our Kingdom resided in was called Auroria, it got this name due to our ancestors having close ties to the Goddess of Snow and Ice, Aurora. Alongside that, the Kingdom of Yuria, founded by King Yuria's ancestors way way back, had other neighboring kingdoms in the continent, which were the Elves residing in the Enchanted Elven Forests. Although elves are a peaceful race, they were recently separated into two different nations. The Sun Elves in the north, calling their nation "Sol" and the Moon Elves residing in the West, calling their nation "Luna". The Elves always believed in the Gods, spending their lives worshiping many different Gods, until a century ago, some elves started a conspiracy and started to conduct demonic rituals, resulting in those elves to be exiled, and soon called themselves the Moon Elves, practicing the dark arts of magic.

The next Kingdom in Auroria was the ferocious warriors whose race is called the "Beastmen" which resides in their Kingdom called "Ferox", the Barren Dunes. These three kingdoms are at peace with each other, since they didn't want to have an outgoing war, which will lead to many casualties.

The Kingdom of the Elves located in the Northern part of Auroria, the Kingdom of the Humans found in the middle of Auroria and finally the Kingdom of the Beastmen located in Southern part of Auroria.

"Well, I knew that much of different races existing, it says there are about 7 other species." I said aloud without thinking. If I recall, there were still the Oni, a descendant of the once feared demons, their kingdom is located deep underground. The Angels, being obviously the descendants of deities like Gods, Demi-Gods and other powerful Celestial Beings, their Kingdom is in the sky. The Dwarves who forged high-quality weapons for war, them being located on another continent. And finally, the Merfolk who controlled the sea, their Kingdom located deep within the watery depths.

What's more interesting is that the Dwarves have advanced in technology than humans, but since they were in a different continent, sharing these revolutionary inventions were found difficult.

"But enough about that! I want to know more on magic!" I yelled ecstatically. I wonder what type of magic affinity I would get!

Magic. A very complicated advanced technique to use in terms of offense or defense. About 19% of the Human population cannot use any sort of magic, so they resorted in different ways to find income such as agriculture, smithery, being a knight etc. According to the book, magic is considered as a gift from the Gods. But logically speaking, magic manifests depending on two crucial things, the state of the heart and soul. It depends is highly dependent on these because the heart controls the circulation of your blood, as well as your emotions. As for a person's soul on the other hand, the soul contains all the spiritual energy you have like mana. They co-exist with each other, as the soul picks the appropriate affinity for the user to benefit, and the heart seals the deal.

Magic also varies, meaning, there are multiple gods. But the main elements being Water, Fire, Earth, Air, Nature and Lightning, also being the most common. There are also other types of magic like Metal, Ice, Magma, etc etc. I think I get it? It's quite interesting that magic has its own independent properties.

"I hope I can get my magic affinity soon! I can't wait for what I get~! If I remember correctly, my Magic Affinity can be tested when the time comes for my Coming-of-Age Ceremony." I muttered to myself.

I lastly read a book about Gods, Goddesses and Deities. There's a theory that even if 1 person gets a unique type of magic affinity and them being the only possessors, that doesn't mean that there's only 1 person with the said affinity, because the God of that magic affinity also possesses it. This means that they will be destined to meet their God in the supposedly afterlife, but who knows?