Chapter Twenty-Five

Jenna rested her forehead and hand on the door after closing it behind Jungkook. Then, when she felt they were probably gone, she slid to the floor and allowed herself to weep openly.

What had just happened? She was so confused and yet so sure. She was so sure Taehyung loved her. But now, she was confused about if he wanted to be with her or not. So she went back and forth in her head till she was even more confused.

Maybe she misunderstood him. She really didn't give him a chance to explain some of the things he said. She regretted that now. But either way, she felt the meaning of it all was clear.

He was ditching her to save her from some heartbreak that may or may not happen. But, unfortunately, he was overthinking things, and now she was too. She stood up and walked back into her bedroom. She saw the crumpled blankets where she and he sat just a few moments ago.

The pillow still smelled like him. Jenna curled up on her side, cuddling the pillow to her face, feeling scared, confused, and like a fool. What was she thinking coming here to Korea? She wanted to teach kids, to watch the light of learning come on in their eyes. So why was she working at some company teaching teenagers with egos bigger than all of Korea, north, and south combined? She frowned at the pillow she was holding and then chucked it across the room.

If this is what Taehyung really wanted, it was time for her to reevaluate.

Her phone buzzed, and she picked it up, frowning at the caller ID. Why was he calling her?

* * *

The ride home was silent. Neither Jungkook nor Taehyung spoke. Taehyung just frowned and stared out the window; the music in his earbuds was so loud Jungkook heard every word of it. It clearly indicated he was not in a talking mood. His finger rapidly tapped his knee. As if his frustration wasn't evident enough, his body had started to betray his feelings to the world.

Jungkook was trying to calm his nerves. He didn't like how the couple left each other. Jenna looked devastated but was trying to keep it all together. He stood at the door a moment after she closed it, hearing her fall to the floor, and he listened to her sobbing. It took everything Jungkook had in him not to beat down the door, scoop her up, and comfort her until she was happy again. But he knew he couldn't and shouldn't do that.

He cautiously reached over and lightly touched Taehyung's arm to get his attention.

Taehyung's head shot to the side, his eyes flashing with anger and whatever else he was feeling at the moment. It was a sea of emotions, and he was drowning in them right now.

Jungkook waved his hand to say never mind, regretting making contact with the beast. He put his music on loudly and frowned while looking out the other window. He had to come up with something.

The manager heard the two different songs screaming out of the boys' earbuds in the seats behind him. He frowned in confusion and even annoyance. Then, figuring he would find out soon enough what happened, he just shook his head and drove.

Taehyung ripped out his earbuds and shoved them into his coat pocket when they reached the dorm. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes a moment and then plastered on a fake smile. Then, looking to Jungkook, he finally spoke. "Let's go, Jungkookie!"

Jungkook just gaped at him, wondering where this bipolar behavior was coming from. Then he realized that there might be fans around, and Taehyung was trying to put on a good show for them. So he exited the van behind Taehyung and was startled slightly when the older boy threw an arm around his shoulder and smiled at him, walking in tandem to the building entrance.