Chapter Nine

"Jin-hyung, we're home!" Jungkook announced their arrival as the trio walked through the door of the dorm.

"Just in time. I'm setting it out now," Jin shouted from the kitchen.

Jenna removed her shoes, as did her companions. She felt a sense of nervousness and couldn't seem to shake it. Taehyung had seemed so serious when he said they had things to discuss.

"Let's eat first and talk after. Okay?" Taehyung smiled weakly at her.

"Okay, Tae." She felt really worried now.

Dinner seemed bland. She didn't even really taste it because her mind was so distracted. Taehyung and Jungkook ate quietly also. The trio earned cautious looks from the rest of the group.

"Okay, what's going on? You three act like you're hiding a dead body somewhere," said Yoongi quietly.

He shoved a spoon of rice into his mouth and waited for one of them to speak.

Jenna looked at Taehyung and Jungkook, hoping one of them would talk so she didn't have to.

Taehyung cleared his throat and laid down his chopsticks. "I think Jenna has a stalker. Or perhaps one of us does. I'm not sure."

All heads shot up at his words. No one moved.

"Tae Tae, please explain," said Jimin quietly.

"Well, yesterday when we went to Jenna's to take her shopping, someone followed both Jungkook and me to her apartment. We even noticed them while we were in the phone store, and Manager-hyung noticed them while we were driving."

A collective groan echoed around the table.

"Why didn't you tell us this yesterday?" exclaimed Jin, a bit alarmed that the younger ones didn't feel the need to share this kind of information.

"Taehyung-ah, this is something we should be made aware of," said Namjoon quietly.

"I told you nothing good would come of this," muttered Hoseok.

"Here we go again," said Yoongi, shoving another spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"Tae, I know I've asked before, but do you think it could be Soohyun?" Jenna touched his arm and spoke softly, but not so quiet everyone else couldn't hear her.

The table became quiet again. All eyes were burning holes into Taehyung.

"Tae Tae, you still haven't told her?" Jimin's eyes narrowed at his friend.

"Well, see, I was waiting for the right time, and well, you guys know it's hard for me to talk about." Taehyung clasped his hands in his lap and stared down at the table.

"Tae, she has a right to know. She needs to know what is and what is not out there targeting her," Yoongi said around a mouthful of food.

"Oh Yoongi, manners," said Jin.

"Seriously? At a time like this, you're going to single out my manners?" Yoongi really didn't give a care and turned his attention to the younger man seated near him.

"Tell her. We're all here to support you. Just tell her." His last words were forceful, and Taehyung flinched with every syllable.

"Taehyung, what are they talking about?" Jenna questioned.

"Ah...Soohyun isn't the one following you. We don't know who it is exactly yet, but it's definitely not her." He frowned deeply and refused to raise his eyes from the table. His brown hair hung over his eyes, almost shielding them from anyone trying to look.

"What? I don't understand."

"Soohyun is dead. She committed suicide in front of me..."

A tear fell from his eyes and splashed onto the tabletop. And with that, he began his sad story, surrounded by his members, each supporting him silently and sometimes with a touch to the back or arm, and all moving to surround him as he spoke softly