Chapter Eleven

Jenna and Taehyung sat in a room surrounded by Director Kang, BTS' managers, the CEO, and two detectives. They had told them everything and, who they suspected. The detectives agreed Junmi was the logical suspect.

The company had done a top job of preventing "crazy fans" from infiltrating their company, except for Soohyun. Now they were dealing with someone who was seeking revenge for Soohyun, and that was a whole different animal.

Jenna sat quietly in her seat, hands clasped in her lap. She hadn't looked up yet, and a somber frown covered her face.

Having collected all the info they could, the detectives left, and it was just Director Kang, the CEO, and the managers left behind. No one spoke for a moment, trying to take in all of the current situation.

"Neither of you should feel responsible for any of this," the CEO said to the couple. "We will take care of this quickly and as quietly as possible."

He cleared his throat. "Miss Shepherd?"

Jenna finally raised her head. Lines of worry marked her face. Even when she had had the altercation with Matt back in college, her own home had remained a safe zone. He never got to her living place. She felt victimized in a completely different way by Junmi if it was indeed her giving the threats. She looked up at the CEO, who looked as concerned for her as he would one of his own children.

"Yes, sir?"

"Do not worry about this situation affecting your job. You're still an employee of BigHit. And don't think that we hold you responsible for anything that has or may happen, because of this. Now, before you two came, I arranged with Director Kang here for you to stay with her. I believe your husband is out of town on business, am I correct Director?" He raised his eyebrows at the director, and she nodded in agreement.

"Good. So until we get this matter of your apartment cleared up, you'll stay with her. We've asked for extra patrols in front of the dorm, Taehyung. But stay sharp. Carelessness leads to injury. And we can't have that. Also, one of the managers will be with you at all times. Just till we get to the bottom of this. Is everyone clear on all of this? Any questions? Jenna, do you need anything at all?"

The director's phone rang at that moment, and the CEO nodded in approval for her to answer it.

"Director Kang. Yes. I see. Yes, that's good news. Thank you, officer. Yes, I'll let them know."

She hung up the phone.

"That was the detective. The officers called him and let him know they've swept the apartment for bugs and removed all of them. There were apparently quite a few."

Taehyung had remained silent up to this point. He was fuming on the inside. Junmi, or whoever this was, was trying to seek revenge for Soohyun's death by driving his girlfriend away. She had now been spied on, threatened, and made to feel insecure. This wasn't how he wanted Jenna's stay in Korea to start. He was upset that he couldn't be with her at all times to protect her and care for her safety. He was frustrated that, whoever this person was, had been lucky enough to get footage of him and Jenna that could be used to threaten him, Jenna, and even BTS as a whole.

"I want to apologize for all of this," he said quietly.

"Taehyung-ah, I already told you not to think any of this was your fault. Soohyun made her choices, and apparently, she has someone that is trying to get justice for her on her behalf. Although, I'm not sure what justice she needed. Anyway, I'm worried about you two, but at least I can control the security I put around you. I can't, however, control what this Junmi or whoever it is, does with that footage they got of you two. I can't say I'm happy to hear about it, but I understand you two are in love and have spent most of your time apart. And honestly, you did feel you were in a safe place, and at least you weren't doing that in public somewhere."