Chapter Ten

Director Kang had promised to look into Junmi's background and connections. It took her a few days, but she finally called Taehyung and asked him to come to her office.

"I appreciate you doing this for me, Director." He sat calmly in the chair across the desk from her.

"It's no problem Taehyung-ssi. I'm afraid, though, that I don't have anything to offer you."

"What do you mean?" The leather in the chair creaked as he leaned forward.

"Well, Junmi obviously passed the background checks we performed when we hired her. She has no relation to Soohyun, and ultimately, her record is clean."

This sounded eerily familiar to Taehyung as he listened to her speak.

"But I will say," she continued, "her records seem odd. I can't put my finger on it, but something is off about them. They only go back a couple of years, and she never even listed any family. Her records do not indicate being adopted, so I'm not sure what all that means."

"When did she start working here?"

"Hmm...let's see. It seems she was hired around two months before the incident."

"Two months before Soohyun killed herself?"

"Taehyung-ssi, can we not speak of that directly? It still gives me chills. I can only imagine what it does to you to talk about it." Director Kang looked like a concerned mother.

"I'm doing better with it. So perhaps might her background be fake? Could she be related to Soohyun, and no one was aware because Junmi lied during the application process?" He knew he was grasping at straws, but he was desperate.

"It's possible. I'll tell you what, I have a connection in the police department. I'll have them look into Soohyun's background and see if any sisters or relatives pop up, and I'll also have them look into Junmi. If she has secrets, we will uncover them," she answered, nodding with confidence.

"Thank you. If the police need any info, feel free to contact me, or Jenna." Taehyung bowed slightly as he stood.

"Understood." The director picked up her phone to make a call as Taehyung closed the door behind him.

He walked back to the practice room, where the rest of the members were already practicing. His mind kept trying to put all the pieces together, but what could it do when half the puzzle was missing?

He sighed and threw his jacket into a corner of the room, and then watched the guys for a moment before jumping into place. The mood immediately lifted a few notches as they threw themselves into the dance, just enjoying working together.

Finally, the music stopped, and they all collapsed. Jungkook didn't stay down long before he jumped up, and grabbed everyone a small towel, and passed them out. The only sounds in the room were their heavy breathing.

"I thought our last comeback was the hardest dance we would ever do. How does our choreographer keep coming up with these things that are so much tougher?" whined Jin.

"I don't know, but I hope no one tries to cover this one. I would hate to have the death of our Forces on my head. Ugggggh." Yoongi flattened out on the floor and groaned.

"Yaaaah, where's the fighting spirit? We only get tough dances because they know we can do them, and ARMY expects it. See all of those awards? It's because we work hard and everyone knows it! It shows! Now, come on! Let's go!" Hoseok hopped up and tried tugging Jimin up with him.

"Hyuuuuung, I can't. Just let me rest here a minute." Jimin closed his eyes and tried to catch his breath.

"Bunch of sissies," Hoseok muttered and sat back down.